YD25 Motor and LPG , waiting to go BANG!?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga2k

Reaction score
Hi all, has anybody tried adding LPG to their YD25? I met a guy at a servo putting LPG into his 3L Patrol. Said it makes a HUGE difference.

Would you recommend a chip and exhaust first, or skip them and go for the LPG? Or forget about it altogether? Would the drivetrain take it?

There are people who swear by the use of LPG. "Diesel Gas" has been around for a long time. It can increase combustion temps dramatically (enough to cause trouble) but used sensibly, reported power improvements are reported in the 20-30% range - quite significant. If your LPG tank runs out, your power returns to normal. Performance improvements like this come with economy improvements - LPG is cheaper than diesel, so per km your cost is reduced as long as your driving style remains the same.

The drive train is generally strong enough, in the D40 the weak spot is the front diff but for normal road driving you will be in 2WD anyway. Off-road, if you have a habit of driving it hard, you really should consider a front locker as a minimum.

Now that's one I have not heard of - but this is the internet, and one should expect the unexpected all the time I guess!

I've learned that pretty much any question can be answered "out there". How do you do cement rendering when your best skill is embroidery? How do you cook a whole pig with half a used tissue and a burnt match? Can you really remove unwanted facial hair with napalm? and a thousand other questions I've always wondered about.

Latest posts

Back