Yalwal ANZAC weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenstr

Reaction score
Hitting the tracks of Yalwal on the ANZAC weekend. Anyone planning on being in the area. Anyone know of the tracks??

I dont think i will be around, BUT you must do "MONKEY GUM FIRE TRIAL" its got it all, steep rutted hills, mud pits, creek crossing, deep dam like puddles (my cousin and a mate both sank there Hilux's in 2 different holes)
Grab your self the "SASSAFRAS" Topographic map and it has right in the middle of the map.
To do the entire trial allow about 3-6hrs depending on where you start and finish and how many cars you travel with, It actually took me and three others 9HRS from Danjera Dam and back again including the recovery of the two drowning Hilux's!! haha

Actually my avatar pic was taken on "Monkey Gum"

Looks like a mate of mine in an 80 series cruiser and i will be around the "monkey gum" trail tomorrow, if anyone else is around and want to tag along your more then welcome. we will be hitting the start around 10am

I did monkey gum with the old man in his pootrol,
needless to say i wont go back untill i have a locker in the truck :)
great pics thou!!

I did monkey gum with the old man in his pootrol,
needless to say i wont go back untill i have a locker in the truck :)
great pics thou!!

Did the Monkey Gum Trail today and the Nav handled it with no probs.
A "locker" would be nice but i really didnt need it today, didnt get stuck once and there was only a couple of times where i needed to take double attempts to clear a section.
I do think NOT having the sway bar helps allot in the switch backs/ruts

Back