Wiper dwell delay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoz

Reaction score
Well it does rain in Melbourne sometimes and driving home tonight i put the wipers on the delay setting.In the first position on the wiper stalk they come on around every second but if you click to the next setting they only go on every seven or so seconds.
Is that delay set at the factory or is there a way of reprogramming it so they come on around every 3 or so seconds.
I know its not a big problem living in melbourne because it hardly rains here but it would be good to see if the settings can be changed.

Mines an 08 ST-X and I too find the intermittent stages quite strange, it always takes fine adjustments between the notches to get it right.

What you have stumbled upon is the true meaning of automotive happiness...

When everything about your car is so perfect that the biggest issue you have is that the intermittent wiper settings aren't quite where you want them.

I envy you

^^^ Not sarcasm - being totally serious ^^^

I was thinking the same thing when I was typing my reply. I do miss the puddle lights from under my mirrors too after fitting clear views.

I suppose it cant be a bad thing when the only thing i about the car that i am having a whinge about are the wiper delay interval.
I have been pretty happy with it so far,10000 kms and giving good fuel economy,goes like stink and pretty comfortable.
It ticks all the boxes for me.For me the STX 550 has been a pretty good thing and i hope that all other Navara owners get a good run out of their vehicles.

The wipers are adjustable but only to the positions set on the stalk.Its either a one second delay or a seven second delay and i was wondering is there some way to adjust these times?

Latest posts

Back