will this look the same?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes... But also no. It'll also depend on the truck you're gonna put it under.

The 4" suspension will lift the entire car 4". This include the chassis and body, where as a 2"bod/2"sus lift, will only lift the chassis by 2" and then lift the body on top of the chassis by 2"

If you do a 2 + 2" body lift you will need to do a fair bit of work to the car by way of extended brake lines modified bullbar brackets if you have a front mount intercooler you will need to mod the piping, I am not sure what else but there is probably more.

equipt said:
If you do a 2 + 2" body lift you will need to do a fair bit of work to the car by way of extended brake lines modified bullbar brackets if you have a front mount intercooler you will need to mod the piping, I am not sure what else but there is probably more.

Depends on what car he drives. D22's are easy as, no extending of anything necessary, however if he's planning to run tires bigger than 32's I'd recommend getting the extended brake lines, or at least replacing the existing rubber lines with stainless steel wrapped lines. And upgrading the front rotors to slotted ones. The stainless steel braid will stop the lines from expanding under heavy loads (however small, it still impacts your braking performance) and the rotors will allow better braking.

You can get away with 2"bod/2"sus AND modified UCA's without needing to extend anything.

You will need to drill out the mounts for the bull bar and rear bar to lift them up with the body lift, as for the intercooler, it all depends how it mounted, but it should be a simple case of a few 2" riser brackets, and a few 2" extensions for the piping from the turbo/throttle body.

Easy.

Last edited:
Depends on what car he drives. D22's are easy as, no extending of anything necessary, however if he's planning to run tires bigger than 32's I'd recommend getting the extended brake lines, or at least replacing the existing rubber lines with stainless steel wrapped lines. And upgrading the front rotors to slotted ones. The stainless steel braid will stop the lines from expanding under heavy loads (however small, it still impacts your braking performance) and the rotors will allow better braking.

You can get away with 2"bod/2"sus AND modified UCA's without needing to extend anything.

You will need to drill out the mounts for the bull bar and rear bar to lift them up with the body lift, as for the intercooler, it all depends how it mounted, but it should be a simple case of a few 2" riser brackets, and a few 2" extensions for the piping from the turbo/throttle body.

Easy.

i drive a 2007 stx d40 dual cab. :rock: a lot of people seem to do the 2 plus 2 rather than a 4inch lift. whats with that?

ill be getting it professionally installed so will they include all the extended brake lines in the quote etc

Well depends on your state laws, but in Qld here you can't do 4" lift but are allowed 2+2. Also with 4" suspension your lifting all that weight up so it will be much more top heavy which causes much more body roll or tipping over. With the 2+2 you still have the bulk of the weight at 2" Either lift will allow the same tyre size and good luck getting 4" suspension lift on an IFS ute without dropping the diff down which causes you to lose that clearence anyway.

Back