Who has gas (LPG)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04HUG

Reaction score
G'day

I am looking for somebody that has an LPG tank fitted to their Navara.
I am looking into a Diesel/Gas conversion and am interested in where they are mounted and how big the cylinders are.

G'day

I talked to Diesel/Gas Australia distributor from Adelaide today. He said the Navara usually gets a 17L usable gas tank under the tray or virtually any size in the tub. He doesn't know of any V6 Navaras that have been done. Willing to do a deal if I am prepared to give feedback on the product.

You need about 1/4-1/3 lpg by volume to diesel. Assuming your filling both at the same time.

IMHO Its a waste of time/money been there done that as stated in an earlier thread.
You never pay off the price of the installation by the difference in running costs.
You will be disowned rightfully by Nissan in the event of a warranty claim.
Its a PITA to move between bowsers to fill up.
I am genuinely interested in what you think the positives are that D-Gas provides?

I'm not actually negative on the DGas thing, I had it - it has a place but its not modern high compression common rail diesels.
Its place is large displacement, inefficient pre-combustion chamber diesels.

G'day,
The slight savings on running cost will just be a bonus if I go ahead with it.
I'm looking at spending 3k + on increased power and extended range, so this expenditure could offset some of the LPG conversion cost (ballpark about 4.5k)

A lot of the old 4.2 patrols and Cruisers have fitted it and it works well. How much more power you gain is debatable. Your doing your research and that is good. Try some of the overseas websites and get some opinions, Personally I would rather fit a long range tank, remap the ecu and exhaust for less money. As said earlier fitting to common rail is uncharted territory, hence it's not something discussed or often done. Good luck!

I'm not actually negative on the DGas thing, I had it - it has a place but its not modern high compression common rail diesels.
Its place is large displacement, inefficient pre-combustion chamber diesels.

exactly
there were some guys in Dungog (nsw) about 15 years ago who started installing and promoting lpg injection, it was promoted as the best thing ever for diesel engines........until common rail, comp controlled diesels hit the market, it may have its place on older setups, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a newer diesel

G'day
There seems to be 2 ways to set it up.
1. Inject directly into the Cylinder.
2. feed vapour into the air supply (before the turbo)

Another consideration is the availability of gas in more remote area's, many servos don't stock it. Diesel is the primary fuel.

That is why I'm looking at a 60L usable LPG tank. That should last 3 tanks of Diesel. If you run out of LPG it will still run on Diesel like it used to before Gas.

When it runs out of lpg it will just drop power. Where you will have issues is if you get the diesel ecu either chipped or tuned to suit the extra bang the lpg provides, when you run out of lpg you risk high egts... unless the system is set up to derate the motor when the gas runs out.... kinda like the chipit chip that monitors egts and automatically cuts fuel back to decrease the risk of engine damage....

Latest posts

Back