Which lightforce spotties??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris92

Reaction score
Hey fellas. Just wondering if any of you have a genuine alloy bullbar on your D40's. If so, do you have a set of lightforce 240 blitz hid or 240 xgt hid? Just wanna know how you went installing them in regards to fitting in agaisnt the grill or bullbar. Ive heard they can be a pain and not fit in!

Cheers, chris92

How much are the XGT ones? In just not sure if they would hit the grill or not being so bulky looking at the back.

Last edited:
I have the 240 Blitz and no worries with fitting them. Hard part is you will find it easiest to fit them with the bar off the truck

20130103_161722.jpg

They look pretty sweet aussie frontier. I see youve got that bullbar. Ive got the other genuine alloy bar.

I was more wanting to go with the 50W over the 35 W HID, 50W supposedly 1 lux at 1600m. Driving on a straight bit of road today i decided to measure out 1600m. Turns out its a farking long way. The 35 W have 1 lux at 1200m. Whats 400m when you can already see 1200m down the road. How much further would you need to see? 35 W may be on the cards. Opinions?

I have the 100 standard 240 blitz and honestly at times they are way too long. Street signs kms away flare back at your and its hard to see.Half the time I actually run coloured lenses to stop the glare off street signes. No street signs then go big !!!
Dont need to see 5000m down the road but do like to see well maybe 200m or even 300m
Thats just my opinion and others are sure to have different ideas

I have the 240s on an 05 with standard alloy bar. You have to mount them with base of reflector sticking out in front of bullbar. easy to install though. I think you can get kits that make the lights sit higher but i just put mine forward of the bar slightly. I have noticed heaps of other people have done the same. Definitely get the blue covers, heaps better. I really wasn't happy with the yellow light they gave off.

The Genesis HID here, one pencil, other spread and even them I find a bit over the top, use yellow covers to stop the blinding off signs.

I guess a lot depends on your circumstances, if you way way out the back blocks with long straight roads go the pencils, bright as poss, but anything less you do need some spread and compromise.

has anyone got the ironman supernova HID spotties up front?
or even the ipf 900XS. I was browsing on the weekend at these 2 models.

Hey, i got some 240 HID's to mount to the stock D22 03 steel bar noticed that unless i give it a ~20mm spacer AND cut into the grille, itll be projecting forward of the bullbar itself, is this not an illegal thing that the cops get antsy about?

Guys speaking of he genuine bull bar, does this sit over the bumper or in place of?
On a d40 you need to cut the bumper to fit the bullbar. Part of it stays at the top to make it look nice up near the bottom of the headlights...

Latest posts

Back