What setting Koni front shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Are ready to fit new Koni front shocks to the D22 tomorrow, and would like to know what setting people have used in the past.

Koni indicate that out of the box the shocks are set to the softest setting, has anyone got feedback on what they have used, and what they reckon is best.

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

Yeah, the front ones I got only had 3 settings - 0, 1 and 2 - part# 30-1362 - they came set at 1, the middle setting - I played around with them a bit before installing them and then put them back to they way they came and left them like that*. they seem pretty awesome on that setting. im running a steel bar and winch. Rears are infinitely adjustable and are easy enough to adjust on the car by unbolting the bottom.

* I was told once never to set adjustable shocks at their max setting cos they will damage, but not sure on this, try calling the mob you bought them from and get their opinion. turned out the setting they came with was perfect anyway.

Last edited:
Middle setting sounds good

Cheers for that,

Will check what they are set to, and change to setting 1 if on anything else.

P.S. How do you get the dust covers out of the way so you can see the setting, don't want to be ham fisted and bust the cover.

Cheers and beers

From memory the plastic cap just pops off, may need to pry it off. Under that there is a metal button. you hold the button in and twist the fully extended shock. You may need to hold it in a vice by the eye, NOT the tube or the shaft. you'll feel it click over the three settings as you twist.

no worries, glad to help, the instructions mine came with were pretty useless. also don't lose the locking pins that hold them down, you need to put those back in when you install the shocks and pop them out when theyre in position in the car.

Back