What is this wire?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
I was looking around underneath the ute today and found this wire hanging loose. It's on the drivers side next to the chassis rail about in line with the back end of the torsion bar mount.

IMG_20120923_160234_zps67b35fe4.jpg

It has an orange tag on it that says Output and looks like some sort of grounding strap.

Is this a normal cable on a D22 or is it maybe something to do with my electronic rust protection? Any ideas what it is and where it should be attached back to?

i'd say you have the right idea with it being for the rust protection device. i'd be taking it back to whoever installed it and asking wtf? if it doesn't look like there's any bolts missing from under there anywhere i'd say there's a good chance they didn't actually hook it up to anything when it was installed...

Should of added that I bought the D22 brand new and the only electronic after market stuff that was prefitted was the electronic rust proofing and remote keyless entry.

I have to go in for a recall on the rust proofing device so i'll see what they say while i'm in there.

Latest posts

Back