Warrenty issues with lift kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbb

Reaction score
Hi all, still considering a lift. Has anyone had any warranty issues with other gear from nissan after having a lift kit put in, particularly DIY

This topic and many similar come up every few months.

Nissan might be able to make it harder for you to claim a warranty but no matter who does the job unless the modification is the direct cause of the warranty claim Nissan have little option but to fix the problem.

If the problem your claiming is or can be proven to be caused by your modification then yes they can and possibly will refuse the claim at which time you can probably claim through the person who installed the modification or the company who provided it but Nissan can't and wont ignore all claims just because of a modification.

And just adding to what krafty has said if you do a suspension mod, I think that voids just the suspension part of the warranty. So if you have engine dramas they can't knock it back cause you have lifted the vehicle. So if you want a lift I say go for it. One of the best mods you can do to a utility.

Goodluck

Hey mate. I work for Nissan. In service. The answer is no. Only thing it will void is the parts you've replaced or altered. :)
Eg. Leafs, shocks, torsion bars.
And anything wheel alignment related. All good ;)

Latest posts

Back