Very expensive week!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22Nav_Man

Reaction score
well this week could not have been more expensive if i tried. started with the $100 for the tow truck to take the nav from my house to the work shop, to get the A/C compressor replaced $1250. Then get a call from the mechanic yesterday to say the tensioner was ****ed aswell another 360. Then as usual the little suprise most mechanics hit you with....... new belt aswell, another $85...... bye bye $1800 :pissedoff:

Yeah I feel your pain.

Had a major service on my Nav this week, got all heater hoses and radiator hoses and the fuel filter hoses changes for good measure.

Then I got the same phone call about the tensioner. I kept the old one though.

You can put new bearings in them.

You should learn to do the tensioner yourself. Costs $5 for the bearing. simple tap out and press in. Walla. But that doesn't help the the 1250 AC price tag.
Hope nothing else goes wrong :)

Air con is over rated. (who will remind me of this comment on the next hot trip I go on). Lost the compressor 2 years ago, just refuse to spend $600 for the comfort... Dropped my Jackaroo of for a minor service few years back, when I went to collect it they wanted over 2k. At least you got a call..

Still sucks no matter how you put it..

Air con is over rated. (who will remind me of this comment on the next hot trip I go on). Lost the compressor 2 years ago, just refuse to spend $600 for the comfort... Dropped my Jackaroo of for a minor service few years back, when I went to collect it they wanted over 2k. At least you got a call..

Still sucks no matter how you put it..

unfortunely didnt really have a choice....... only the one belt so when the a/c seize's the belt doesnt turn and the motor doesnt start :( I hardly ever use it...... i think I might start , get my moneys worth lol

Had the same issue - new a/c compressor needed - but I got mine for $900-00 non genuine.

Apparently they don't like the mud and water. :dontknow:

Latest posts

Back