turbo on my 05 d22 3.0L cuts out after a engine gets to its proper running temp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spookus13b

Reaction score
Hi i have a 3.0l diesel d22 and it seem my turbo drops out after i have been driving for awhile mainly on the freeway when im travelling up hill it gets sluggish... was hoping for some input?

Last edited:
not likely to be the turbo itself.

i would start with the basics like fuel filter, make sure there is no air being sucked into fuel line.

They can be a bit gutless over 100km uphill. Also apparently the intake manifold and inlet side of the head gets gunked up with sludge from the pcv oil mixing with soot from the egr. Egr mod and a catch-can will control this. Mine was gutless doing 100kmh uphill since new when i bought it, but has gradually gotten better the more k's i put on it untill it eventally pulled really nice. *shrug?* figure that out. So been really happy with it the last few years, and after recently doing egr mod, and full exhaust she really just wants to go.

just been reading up on the egr mod... where can can i get a good guide on doin it my self!... im not a mechanical retard so.. im pretty keen... cheers guys

stick the boot into my 09 yd2.5 cr at 100ks going up a decent hill lets say up out of the hawksbury on f3 and it takes of like a rocket its scary if its been raining the backend loses traction

Latest posts

Back