Transfer selector question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uniden

Reaction score
Sorry fellas for the newbie question but i thought i'd ask about this.
I just had a go at the transfer stick for the first time. Now i'm confused. I must be doing something wrong, because... To me it feels like i only have 2 positions.
From what appears to me, to be the Neutral, i only have 1 position either up or down. What i mean is, pushing it up from neutral engages something. But i cannot go any more up, and the all-wheel light on the dash isn't showing. Shouldn't the first one up from N be the 4H ?
Pushing it down from N, engages something which i assume is the 4L. The green light does show up.

The cars been in (assumed) 2H from day 1 with the hub locks set to "Lock".
Any clarification on this would be handy :)

Eric.

Last edited:
push it down to get into low ;)

turn hub to unlock unless you are going 4wding

one forward from N is 2H. one back from N is 4H. now 4L is a bit werid, from 4H you need to pull back but also push in as well.

hubs, lock them when you MIGHT need 4x4 otherwise leave them unlocked. you need to lock them now and drive around a bit just to keep the driveline lubed.

You need to press downwards on the lever to shift between certain positions. You should have 2H 4H N and 4L.

Sometimes the 4WD light doesn't illuminate which means you might need to go forwards or reverse a little bit to engage it.

ha!! That was quick. Thanks a lot guys. Now it makes sense.
When i picked the car up dealer told me to keep them locked until at least 500-600K's. Or leave them until the 1k service. It's also in the manual.

That reminds me I should probably go out and have a bit of a play this arvo to lube up my front running gear :)

I'll probably just lock the front hubs when I'm on the barge to Fraser next weekend and leave them in until I'm on the way back. Then just go between 2 & 4 while I'm on the island as I need to.

Latest posts

Back