totally utterly pi......... off confused

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockyboy

Reaction score
sorry about the heading.

gave a few post about springs i said that i was thinking of OMA or tough dog.
i have just road coils on front with spacers and normal shocks on front, on the back west coast shocks and 2 inch higher shackels.

he said i would have to get a whole suspension lift $1800 i thought maybe all i would need is coils and shockies on front as i have west coast shocks on back.

said only it would be 40mm lift not 50mm a 2inch

Not sure what your asking?
if you only want coils just buy coils, its your car you dont have to buy what they tell you.

sure that's what i thought mate, I'M NEW and it confusing sometimes.

should i get rid of the front suspension and get get new shockies and new springs.

said the man at old man emu only gives 40mm but i was wanting 50mm but what happens when the bullbar weightis on will it give laess. what other brands do you reckonone that give's 2inch 50mm, i have got a bullbar and winch the weight.

what's everyones opinion

Like ourd40 said.

If you do a search on the forum for "Tough Dog" you will see that quite a few have not been overly impressed by the amount of lift from the Tough Dog coils. I don't think OME is renowned for being particularly generous either.

sure that's what i thought mate, I'M NEW and it confusing sometimes.

should i get rid of the front suspension and get get new shockies and new springs.

said the man at old man emu only gives 40mm but i was wanting 50mm but what happens when the bullbar weightis on will it give laess. what other brands do you reckonone that give's 2inch 50mm, i have got a bullbar and winch the weight.

what's everyones opinion

There are about a million (not quite) threads about suspension lifts, although the more you read, the more confusing it becomes.

There is a forum member called Zordo who sells suspension and if you do a search you will see lots of questions he has answered for people and maybe you will find your answers there?

Your best bet is to speak to Zordo as mentioned above.
I have tough dog all round love the shocks but will be looking at spacers to lift it that extra bit in the front as i acheived exactly 40mm in the rear and only 20-25 in the front.
In saying that i lifted a brand new car so there was no sag where if you fitted the same to an older car with saggy springs it could have lifted it 50+mm

Your best bet is to speak to Zordo as mentioned above.
I have tough dog all round love the shocks but will be looking at spacers to lift it that extra bit in the front as i acheived exactly 40mm in the rear and only 20-25 in the front.
In saying that i lifted a brand new car so there was no sag where if you fitted the same to an older car with saggy springs it could have lifted it 50+mm

20mm is a bit dodgy on a brand new ute u would think u would get the 40mm u paid for with the price of tough dog

but why the frig can i not get front coil springs of 50mm if looking on all brands tough dog, ome e.t.c. allways 30 to 40 mm. do i have to buy there shocks at the same time ?

where dod you get your 2 inch lift guy's

another gong for zordo. bought a 50mm lift kit from zordo, fitted it myself and ended up with 60mm front and 80mm back. some people claim only 20/30mm at the front from their kits, so very happy with mine, even though the front will probably sag a bit.
while i dont have a bullbar yet, i didn't get heavier rate springs either

I got a perfect lif kit.$350 off ebay...spacers at the front and ext shackles at the rear.....got like 3" lift rear and 3.5 front out of a 2.5 kit enough the make the ifs upper arms ckunk...very happy thou.fits the 33" tyres...did a border track day trip and realized the shocks are shit (factory ones).... once they cooled down they were o.k again...now realizing the importance of good parts.still happy with the lift.just need to spend more money now.

tried as you have heard me moaning about getting 2 inch lift coils cannot but can if i get shocks with it. that's not right

hi Ericcs

you say you bought a 50mm lift kit, why did your lift go higher at front and back.

Hi mr kiwi, how is you dibinson springs are they heay duty, and what about the shocks

hi Ericcs

you say you bought a 50mm lift kit, why did your lift go higher at front and back.

Hi mr kiwi, how is you dibinson springs are they heay duty, and what about the shocks

It all depends on how much weight u have. A standard Nav with just a front bumper will get more then 50mm. The more weight the less lift. I bought the heavy duty spring when I bought my lift knowing I was goin to add a bullbar n winch n stuff later, now that I've added the bullbar, bashplates, the front has sagged and I don't have a winch yet.

Hi mate
i have a bullbar ARB, and ARB bash plates starts at front going right under procting sump e.t.c.. so when i get better springs should i then put on my shackles again

Latest posts

Back