Tonneau Cover help required

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McLeod

Reaction score
I have a 2010 D40 with a soft tonneau cover. When I got to work this morning, I noticed that the rear rail for the tonneau (attached to the tailgate) had come adrift from the tailgate and was sitting in the tray.

My questions are: What's the best adhesive to attach the rail to the tailgate?
and
Can anyone hazard a guess at the size of rivets I need to re-attach it?

Cheers,
Sam

Rivets would be plenty as there is 6 or 8??
I think i used 6.6 or 6.8 @ 40 mm grip
Anything you have should be alright as long as the head covers

Thanks, I'll slip into Bunnings and pick some up.

I mentioned the silicone because there is some stuck to the top of the tailgate. I suppose the original owner may have done that.

Had a good look at it in my lunch break. It's not silicone between the rail and the tailgate - it's double sided tape. And only 4 rivets - smaller than the ones you've used Manning. Think I'll go with the larger rivets and a couple more of them.

Sam

There is from factory a tape.. maybe to stop vibration and wearing?
I was somewhat off on the rivets tho.. wont need any where close on the grip. My apologies - putt that down to typing while doing other things..
I used blind aluminum rivets 6.6
Diameter 4.8 and grip 8.6 or the .6 and .8 in reverse
There should also be a couple more maybe.. there will be a little marker on your tailgate. . Shouldnt be too hard to drill a couple more eith r way.. i definitely had 3 either side

Latest posts

Back