Tjm bulbar for 2012 stx

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozzah

Reaction score
Just been to a tjm store for a bulbar for 2012 stx v6. Told they don't make a steel bar as the chassis is proned to cracking with the Weight. Has anyone else had this told to them?

ARB make steel bars for them, the main problem was the location of the intercooler with the 550 motor i have never heard of the chassis cracking from a bullbar and im sure if they did we would hear of it on here quick as a flash as like all other complaints this is the first place people come to warn others and complain.

I cannot recall reports of D40's cracking the front chassis members.

It was common enough on Landruiser 200's to require a factory statement on the issue, and there have been several reports around the place on the FJ Cruiser cracking the front chassis members too.

But D40's - never heard of it myself?

:pissedoff:Bull Shit........... I have a 2012 ST with 2.5 and I have a t15 tjm outback bar that will so fit the V6s. With that chassis problem is an easy as fix h/d coils and the strap thing. Nothing the do with the chassis it's the fire wall. They your local tjm store his a f***wit and take in a photo of mine

6113.jpg Before I fitted with the heavy duty

Last edited:
:pissedoff:Bull Shit........... I have a 2012 ST with 2.5 and I have a t15 tjm outback bar that will so fit the V6s. With that chassis problem is an easy as fix h/d coils and the strap thing. Nothing the do with the chassis it's the fire wall. They your local tjm store his a f***wit and take in a photo of mine

View attachment 14068 Before I fitted with the heavy duty

TigerST the stx 550 is a different beast to the 4cyl ST, however the chassis story is total BS i think the problem is all to do with the intercooler placement and lack of airflow with a stock bar that would fit our ST's.

It took ARB a while to get the design right and they didnt release a bar fro the 550 for quite a while, Nissan didnt have a bar for them for the first two models.

TigerST the stx 550 is a different beast to the 4cyl ST, however the chassis story is total BS i think the problem is all to do with the intercooler placement and lack of airflow with a stock bar that would fit our ST's.

It took ARB a while to get the design right and they didnt release a bar fro the 550 for quite a while, Nissan didnt have a bar for them for the first two models.

If you check the tjm web site both the new spain 2.5 and the 3. use the same bull bar.

Sorry - Nath your right they have seem to change there items since I bought mine. According to there web site they have added a new list and according to that list mine really shouldnt have steel bar. But at the time I got mine they were putting them on the V6s as well wonder what happen, for them to cut there sales??? & no winch

Last edited:
Sorry - Nath your right they have seem to change there items since I bought mine. According to there web site they have added a new list and according to that list mine really shouldnt have steel bar. But at the time I got mine they were putting them on the V6s as well wonder what happen, for them to cut there sales??? & no winch

Really? no steel bar for our models anymore?? i want the same bar you have as they sit in closer to the grille compared to the ARB one i have now.
I was hoping to have my insurance replace my ARB one for the TJM soon, its been pushed across the car and has a heap of powder coat rubbed off.

Really? no steel bar for our anymore?? i want the same bar you have as they sit in closer to the grille compared to the ARB one i have now.
I was hoping to have my insurance replace my ARB one for the TJM soon, its been pushed across the car and has a heap of powder coat rubbed off.

Yep I'm a little worried in way. Maybe you could talk to tjm in Qbyn and see if they will order the Spain 2010 steel bar. The web site is a little confusing as it has spain 2010 - present(mine) & ST 2012 + STX V6/STX550. And no winch bar for the ST 2012 + STX V6/STX550???

Only problem with the tjm that I found is the winch control box as the tjm are nice and small so sit just inside the bar mine is huge sits next to the cooler so you need to pop the hood and put your hand next to a nice hot cooler to plug it in. Otherwise great bar.

Last edited:
Agg they dont make snorkels for the ST 2012 + STX V6/STX550???

but do for the spain 2010 - present.

Cosidering the Nissan snorkel is made buy tjm I find this a little strange.

Went to arb, they have a steel winch bar, and no cracking problems according to him. Took 2 years of r&d before they got it right

Latest posts

Back