Tie down hooks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George k

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to find out where I could get stronger tie down hooks for the d22 tub as the standard ones just bend really bad when I'm tieing the dirt bikes down . Has anybody upgraded them .? Or knw where to sauce them .?

Cheers George

depends what flavour sauce you want, lol.

just kidding, as above, bolt suppliers should have full loop ones instead of the half circle things factory fitted. high tensile shouldn't bend like the factory ones, you can probably get stainless ones too if you want

Bunnings has zinc coated rings with the same thread. They are strong and also fit the four captive nuts in the front of the tray under the rear window.

I got eye bolts from bunnings, screwed straight in and never bent with my ktm tied to them, M8 is the thread size

I can remember reading on this forum a thread where a Ford Ranger tie down rail was modified and bolted to the side of the tub. May be worth searching for??

That was on my ute. Pic in the garage. The rails are about 2" too long so had to cut in middle and splice middle with a bit of rebar. Honestly the best mod done to the ute.

Man how tight are you guys tying down your bikes.LOL. Just got the stocko points in mine and havn't had a problem with them. My bikes never fallen off.LOL

That was on my ute. Pic in the garage. The rails are about 2" too long so had to cut in middle and splice middle with a bit of rebar. Honestly the best mod done to the ute.

Got a pair sitting in the shed just got to get my finger out and fit em.

Thanks for the replys guys .! Just wna tie them down as much as I can ... Lol .Which model ford ranger is it .?

Thanks for the replys guys .! Just wna tie them down as much as I can ... Lol .Which model ford ranger is it .?

The pov pack ones in the shape previous to the new body style. PK maybe?
They used em on bravos/couriers and rangers for years. I got mine off my mate after we got rid of em off his.

+1 I just wento wreckers and pinched what ever looked like a close fit knowing it wasn't going to be exactly right. The bolts at the end of those bars is a little of the centre line of the tube, but the height of the small lip on the Navs tub is a good match. It's just the length you need to check.

You can get rails like these (below) for about $50 a pair -- I plan to put a few more about the tub.

IMG_20130130_080917.jpg

I seem them on eBay r they the eBay ones .? They look like there good quality are they strong .?
Cheers

I got these from a little auto-parts shop in the Riverland -- no idea where else you'd get 'em.

The rings are stainless, the rail in alli, and they bolt on with 6mm stainless bolts. They seem strong enough for what I want -- although I've never tried securing a motorbike.

Latest posts

Back