Thoughts on 3.2L engined D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaCeR

Reaction score
Hi,
Father in law looking at a 3.2L D22.
Just wanted too know if there is anything to know?
Plus what the fuel consumpion and power is like vs the ZD30.

Thanks
Troy.

They're awesome. I'm biased.

Fuel consumption is bang-on 10L/100km every time for mine.

Much less power and torque than a ZD30, since the ZD30 is turbo and the QD32 isn't. Depends if you want something mega-reliable and easy to fix. Good for 1,000,000km if looked after. Never stops.

Best of both worlds is to turbocharge and intercool a QD32, but that's a fair capital outlay there. The best set-and-forget choice would be the ZD30.

What Dion said. The engine's aren't really working hard, so should be good for alot of km's.

Apparently the TD42 is good for 1.6 million km's (According to 4wdaction members).

500,000km's should be hard for one of these donks.

The QD32 is a better motor then the "Almighty TD42". Better intake for starters.

QD32 is definitely no match for ZD30 in acceleration, but a very very good off road motor! Good gearing, good compression, good torque, goes forever etc. Open up the breathing with bigger exhaust, high low air filter, headers etc and its fantastic. Add a diesel/gas system and its a new Truck! I now get around 12km/Lt around town with more power too! Then there's the strong H233 rear LSD. I just put in a front Auto Locker, making an awesome combo because I know I'm at less risk of busting things without the turbo right pedal!! I love my Truck!!

Latest posts

Back