The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be told to refrain from towing for the first 500km. They did with my 2009 model, can't see procedures having changed a lot since then - but then my wife and I went nuts and did 1,000km+ from the Friday afternoon until Monday when it went in for its first service.

I'd plan a good, long day behind the wheel to rack up the first 1,000km and get the first service booked in before your trip.

Good advice, thanks. Last car didn't have a scheduled service til 10,000km so wasn't expecting that!

I had 50km on ours when the Missus hooked on a 3 horse float, and took 2 horses 650km, and then returned with 3 horses.

14.8 l/100km and cruise control set at 100/110km/h. Not much better than the old 2.5td, but tows way easier.

Great car (so far).

Last edited:
Hi hunter,
Also waiting on arm for tonnaue lock. Did they give any idea when due?
Did they reset your service schedule after 1000k service?

ekka
Went to nissan for update on part they had a part but wrong bit, the arm is 2 parts the little ball is a seperate part it just presses into the socket so now waiting for the ball.
hunter

Just removed the hard top and replaced it with the canopy I had on my old d40 , no problems took about one hour to drill out rivets etc, I did notice that almost all of the bolts on the hard top were only hand tight, so any one relying on the standard black roll bar should check out there bolts before carrying any thing heavy.The more I drive the 550 the more I like its really great on fuel, tows like a dream, If Nissan fitted this motor to all there Utes they would kill the opposition . The only complaint I have is, I still after six weeks haven't received a owners hand book from Nissan , once you buy them they don't want to know you, pity Nissan. Treeman

Got one!

Get it next week, just need to work out how to break the contract fot the sept delivery one now.

Took it for a test drive yesterday, goes pretty well, not a huge difference from my current D40. I was in traffic & back streets though, I can well imagine it will be fantastic on the open road.

Excited.............. oh yes

^ How did you get it ?

Apparently the 3L V6 doesn't exist according to a few Yota drivers on yotamonthly.

Towed the van today only about 110km, 17.6" Coromal Seka XC off road pop top about 2ton, the rear didn't sag as much as I expected so might get away with a set of helper springs until I get a 2" lift, Redarc brake controller work really good, fuel consumption was reading anywhere between 13.6 to 18.6 lts/100km, towed well it was a little bouncy otherwise you didn't know that it was there.
hunter

I honestly found the performance lacking compared to what I was expecting out of it.
Then I assumed they were tuned very lightly... not quite :(

As for running in procedures. The more load the better, dont use to many revs 'Sub 3Krpm preferably' and dont sit on the same rev's for long periods.
Same general rules for any motor weather its street/strip/4wd/factory.

Thanks Northside. Thats the same way we run race motors in, lots of load, and build the rpm as it gets kms on it. Had a read of the graphs in the other thread, looking forward to the results.

@ Northside- same opinion here, was expecting it to be plenty better, suppose its still a small diesel though, i'll let you know better next week. :)

@ Dave- Jumped on Carsales website while taking a dump, don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Will prob take it for a drive next weekend, might swing through your direction if you still want to take it for a blast

Plod have you got your lock fixed yet on the hard lid, I went into Nissan again only find that they got wrong part again apparently the supplier had sent key, lock & barrel, the arm that the little ball presses into but doesn't know what they are talking about with the little ball so they (Nissan) took a photo of the part and have now sent to supplier it must be the only part that they have left to send? On a brighter note I have decided to take a few weeks holidays in 3 weeks and travel from Rockhampton to Darwin towing the van so i need to get the set up, looking at putting a DVD,gps,reversing camera in dash unit in, something like this

NISSAN PATHFINDER PATROL X-TRAIL NAVARA GPS NAVIGATIONL | eBay

I think I will put a set of helper springs on for this trip, and I would like to do something about the lights anyone done HID?

Hunter, no mate the part hasn't arrived. I reckon the reason they break is because they were never adjusted right. If they are adjusted to short it puts extra pressure on the ball connection, and it is a flimsy little thing. Haven't heard about the oil filter yet as well.
Getting the front windows tinted on Friday. New Old Man Emu Suspension next Tuesday and a East Coast Alloy Bull Bar is on the way. Should be here the following week before we head north with the van on.
Plod

Hunter, no mate the part hasn't arrived. I reckon the reason they break is because they were never adjusted right. If they are adjusted to short it puts extra pressure on the ball connection, and it is a flimsy little thing. Haven't heard about the oil filter yet as well.
Getting the front windows tinted on Friday. New Old Man Emu Suspension next Tuesday and a East Coast Alloy Bull Bar is on the way. Should be here the following week before we head north with the van on.
Plod

Mate when they get the right part i will get the part no for future ref also can you post some pics of before & after of your Suspension aswell as bullbar?
Cheers

Congrats on the purchase. I've had mine since the end of March, just done 4000kms and absolutely love it. Enjoy!!!

Hi mate can you throw up a pic of the arb bullbar as I was in our local arb this week and they told me that they don't have one out yet for the 550 because of the intercooler, also what's the ride like with the arb 2" lift? I was thinking when it's time about 2" tuff dogs with adjustable shockies, I had this setup under my patrol with airbags and it was a good combo.
hunter

Latest posts

Back