The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi spot on when I went there a couple of weeks ago they had two black ones in stock, I didn't want a black one so it took two weeks to swap for a white one. picked it up to day,did 500 ks driving it home . fantastic no kicking back on hills like the d40 auto, sat on 114km under 2000revs all the way. fuel consumption great over all a bit of city mostly freeway and country roads returned 9.5lt per 100ks,compared to my d4o which returned 12.5 for the same trip . Will hook the van up to it next week and see how it tows, Lander Nissan said they have more coming in May but I don't think you will not be going back to them if they have done the dirty on you

cheers treeman

hi treeman congrats on getting your 550, they've been a long time coming but have been worth the wait, i couldn't be happier with mine, already got it in a mess but thats why i bought it, both work and play.

Was wondering if you or anyone else out there had put a bull bar or nudge bar on it yet, as i have been told here they can't fit a nudge bar yet which is a pain as i wanted driving lights on mine as they are very hopeless as with all d40's.

Anyway will have to wait and see what happens down the track i dare say.

Cheers
Worm.

Got mine today. Only had a little time to take it for a drive as I picked it up late in the afternoon. It drives like a dream. Smooth and gear changes you hardly notice. Amazing acceleration.
Plod

I was just wondering the same thing seeing as i'll have a set of 16inch muddies spare in the garage when i get mine.

I wonder if the 550 has bigger brake rotors or the like?

Got mine today. Only had a little time to take it for a drive as I picked it up late in the afternoon. It drives like a dream. Smooth and gear changes you hardly notice. Amazing acceleration.
Plod

Hi congratulations , good luck with it ,. its a great ute,is your steering wheel on straight, some one else said there's was on crooked when I looked at mine on a straight road its on crooked ,other wise I cant find any problems , it goes in for its first service next week i will get it straightened out then, still need a bull bar but will have to wait until some sorts one out .I all so need a long range fuel tank has any one fitted one to a 550 the muffler seems to be bigger than the d40 is that a problem??

cheers treeman

If anyone wants a very very cheap intercooler on their V6 Im offering one for next to nothing in return for having the car for a week to make a kit on :)
100% Australian built cooler kit, not a chinese copy core by the way.

Can also do a unichip extremely cheap if requested :) Only the best of the best for the Renault.

Hi congratulations , good luck with it ,. its a great ute,is your steering wheel on straight, some one else said there's was on crooked when I looked at mine on a straight road its on crooked ,other wise I cant find any problems , it goes in for its first service next week i will get it straightened out then, still need a bull bar but will have to wait until some sorts one out .I all so need a long range fuel tank has any one fitted one to a 550 the muffler seems to be bigger than the d40 is that a problem??

cheers treeman

Yeh that was me. My car has come back now after the first service, the items I picked up on where:

Steering Wheel not straight
Bolt on the sports bar loose (dropped out into the tub)
Scratch and dent on the bonnet
Air leaking through the passanger side rear quarter window at 110ks
The plastic molding on driver side pillar was not clipped on properly

Wyong Nissan has fixed all the above items and did the first service at no cost.

Does anyone know if theres a away to get a bit more noise out of the turbo as the car is too damn quiet.

Chris

Wyong Nissan has fixed all the above items and did the first service at no cost.

Does anyone know if theres a away to get a bit more noise out of the turbo as the car is too damn quiet.

Chris

Doing the first service at no cost isn't anything special. It's only a post-delivery check to make sure the vehicle hasn't fallen apart on you.

As for the noise ... they're supposed to be quiet. Maybe you could drop the dump pipe, cat and put a straight-through 4" zorst on it. Oh, being a V6, you could drop twin extractors in ...

Yeah, that'd make some noise. :rock:

Yee Haa, got mine late yesterday afternoon. Six weeks after it arrived in Oz. Took the tub liner out and had it sprayed before delivery by Xtreme Coatings in Geebung (Brissie) - great job. My old D40 was done by the same mob and after 3 years not a mark in the tray.
Only 60 kilometers on the clock so far but I am going to take it for a hike up the coast on monday to blow out a few cobwebs. Great engine - it just keeps pulling like a 14 year old school boy.

Doug

Someone bring one into the workshop for a free dyno run if they like.
3481 2982 to organise a time, ask for Lindsay.
Thanks guys.

Still waiting for word on mine so anyone want to tease me and throw up some pics of a black one

hi hunter geez you've had a bit of a wait, hopefully some piccies of mine for you, taking in for it's first service this week. so far it hasn't missed a beat. The only thing i don't like about it is the piss poor lighting of the headlights. If they ever get a nudge bar for it i'll be sticking driving lights on it i'm thinking.

Cheers,
Worm

Attachments

• new ute 18 mar 2011 829.jpg
    new ute 18 mar 2011 829.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 121
  • new ute 18 mar 2011 830.jpg
    new ute 18 mar 2011 830.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 106
  • new ute 18 mar 2011 832.jpg
    new ute 18 mar 2011 832.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 120
Still battling the phone, can do 1 at a time so may take awhile.
On the economy side, SWMBO did a run to Forster and back today about 330k's, on dash readout it is down to 9.4. Very happy with that.
Trying to work out fuel use by the old way with how many litres to fill and kilometres travelled may not be accurate as speedo is reading about 7 k's fast when checked with GPS.

Ekka,

What phone are you using? I have an Apple4 and I can't seem to get mine to recognise and contacts in the phone. I have followed the book but not having any success. I failed playdoe in kindergarten so ability may have something to do with it.

Doug:devil:

Ekka,

What phone are you using? I have an Apple4 and I can't seem to get mine to recognise and contacts in the phone. I have followed the book but not having any success. I failed playdoe in kindergarten so ability may have something to do with it.

Doug:devil:

HTC Wildire & Iphone 3 both working OK.
Had to enter each contact individually and all working OK. Took a while to figure it out but got there in the end. I was confused between the "enter" and "OK" buttons. After I figured that out all worked. Contacts names come up on radio screen, even when they ring in. Pretty good setup.

hi hunter geez you've had a bit of a wait, hopefully some piccies of mine for you, taking in for it's first service this week. so far it hasn't missed a beat. The only thing i don't like about it is the piss poor lighting of the headlights. If they ever get a nudge bar for it i'll be sticking driving lights on it i'm thinking.

Cheers,
Worm

Very nice, i've ordered a black one too, can't wait.
Definitely taking the roof rack off and chucking it in the bin though.
Good luck getting a second battery up front!

Anyone had trouble with central locking on boot lid? Ours now only locks with key not with central locking. Is there a certain way to programme it to lock? All was OK but seems to now be confused.

On the economy front, took the boat for tow today did about 100k, boat around 1400Kg, was reading 10.1L / 100K, which I thought was pretty good.

HTC Wildire & Iphone 3 both working OK.
Had to enter each contact individually and all working OK. Took a while to figure it out but got there in the end. I was confused between the "enter" and "OK" buttons. After I figured that out all worked. Contacts names come up on radio screen, even when they ring in. Pretty good setup.

Ekka, can you explain the difference between 'Enter' and 'OK' I am not having a lot of joy.

Doug

Latest posts

Back