The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone else has had any issues, but i took mine up Mt Walker Sunday. Got up there after a couple of goes on highway tyres, and all was good. Getting out on a much easier track i had a rock flick up and split the oil cooler. Its in a pretty bad position, so i would definitely recommend a bash plate for anyone heading onto rocky terrain with one :)

Worst part is the part is 6-8 weeks ex japan. If anyone knows of one in stock somewhere, please let me know! lol

I understand bash plates may be an obvious thing, but, i didn't plan on doing much off road stuff so thought i would be ok to make the occasional trip without gearing up too much.

Not sure if there's bash plates to suit yet TJM & ARB still say none, l got one with ECB bar

I know this post has progressed from anxious waiting blokes who ordered the new V6/550 NAVARA to talking about modifying them but as late entrant I'll just put my 2 bobs worth in .. as far as comparisons go re: the 550 blowing the D40 away ... that's only to be expected if the vehicle is any improvement & is exactly what the D40(new in 2008) did for me when I upgraded from a 1997 D22. I have a 6.2 mtr boat that was a real struggle for the D22 but the D40 tows it like a dream. So far at just over 32,249 klms I haven't had any major faults. I have a STX king Cab Chassis Tray back & compared to the STX bodyside it's virtually a poverty pack. Nissan skimp everywhere they can. A mate bought same vehicle 6 months ago & it didn't even have power side mirrors. I thought it was great Nissan were bringing out a V6 CRTD Nav but when I saw the price I cringed. There's no way it's worth $20,000 more than an STX D40. What I have noticed is those who were waiting for orders & could afford to pay the price( & good luck to them) were some of they guys talking about the faults( post delivery) & also about modifying them. About all I would say all D40's & now 550's need is a lift kit & a front diff lock. Cheers Gnads.

Dobinson springs

Went into dobinsons today for a quote for lift kit, they will be doing a 40mm lift soon but they have'nt produced a front strut yet as the front struts on a 550 run different pressure to other d40's, they say that other struts will fit but are not the right pressure. About MAY they will
have one out.
I guess everyone is still happy with theirs I know I am ( fuel still up around town mid 12/100km ) 23500km on it.

Last edited:
15,000KM Fuel around 12l/100km in town.
Interesting about the front struts, the engine must be heavier or something? I have my 2" Tuff Dog kit sitting in the shed which I was thinking of putting in, or waiting for the MonsterRides Rekon kit, hmmm what to do.

Love it over all except the gearbox which I hate

15,000KM Fuel around 12l/100km in town.
Interesting about the front struts, the engine must be heavier or something? I have my 2" Tuff Dog kit sitting in the shed which I was thinking of putting in, or waiting for the MonsterRides Rekon kit, hmmm what to do.

Love it over all except the gearbox which I hate

Yea I questioned them about arb and they said they fit but not right pressure they also said that they tried to get one from Nissan to go off but Nissan don't have one in stock he said that no one has produce one with correct pressure, thats why it will be about MAY before they have one.

Hows everyones 550 going

Has anyone changed tyre size yet. Thinking about 265/65/17 yokohamo GEO12 anyone tried them? What about mags Bob jane reckon not much around to suit apprantly same stud as ford but has 6. Any thoughts?
Cheers

Mate I have another thread on tyres for the 550.
I have fitted 265 70 17's Pro comp all terrain to mine... stock rims...

Much better in the sand and no noticible noise or fuel issues.. Speedo still the same

Mate I have another thread on tyres for the 550.
I have fitted 265 70 17's Pro comp all terrain to mine... stock rims...

Much better in the sand and no noticible noise or fuel issues.. Speedo still the same

Thanks chook are the 265/70/17's legal for insurance ?
Lyle

G'day All,
Have now done 35,000kms and still running like a dream - economy in the 9's combined driving - NO JOKE! I'm not granny driving too much either. Looking at 265/70/17 KM2's - my speedo is 5 - 6km/h out and the bigger tyres should correct that.

G'day All,
Have now done 35,000kms and still running like a dream - economy in the 9's combined driving - NO JOKE! I'm not granny driving too much either. Looking at 265/70/17 KM2's - my speedo is 5 - 6km/h out and the bigger tyres should correct that.

Hi Jase not bad economy I got 25000km get late 9 to 10's on hway & late 10 to early 12's around town, Bob jane reckon 265/70/17 are illegal in qld anyway, see in your signature you are still waiting for arb bash plates tjm quoted me $770 to make a set from front to gearbox
Cheers Lyle

18,000km's on mine, 12l/100km around town, 9ish l/100km highway.

Mine first one running chipit chip, far better off bottom end now, that annoying lag way better, didn't respond to a chip how they thought though, not as good results as other cars.

Chip still not right, over fuels at high rpm i think as lots of black smoke, can't get chipit to answer emails phone calls or anything, wonder if they've gone broke?

Thanks Lyle - I have the bash plates, but still waiting for the bullbar. Hopefully within the next month. I've been told I can go up 2 sizes in tyres and still be legal. 255 to 265 and 65 to 70 profile. I hope that's right.

Not that bad, what it's lost at top end it's more than made up at the bottom.

When I can free up the vehicle for a while I'll give them another try, they did say they wanted it back to put it up on the dyno and sort it out.

Maybe I'll try a PM on here, that worked last time

Thanks Lyle - I have the bash plates, but still waiting for the bullbar. Hopefully within the next month. I've been told I can go up 2 sizes in tyres and still be legal. 255 to 265 and 65 to 70 profile. I hope that's right.

Mate I think in qld you can't go any higher than 15mm in tyres and I think the 265/70/17's legal are about 26mm and no higher than 50mm in suspension to be legal.

Cheers Lyle

Not that bad, what it's lost at top end it's more than made up at the bottom.

When I can free up the vehicle for a while I'll give them another try, they did say they wanted it back to put it up on the dyno and sort it out.

Maybe I'll try a PM on here, that worked last time

Let us know how you go.
cheers Lyle

Just heads up - Penrite has released engine oil that conforms to rn 0720 and is suitable for V9X engine - even Nissan dealer that services our 550 is using the wrong oil ...Penrite oil is Enviro+ 5W30 C4. Now just to source some oil filters..

Latest posts

Back