The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bar fitted today.
Cheers

Attachments

• 2011-11-23_18-26-10_820.jpg
    2011-11-23_18-26-10_820.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 158
Hello Hunter, got the black ripple ECB Bar on mine, they look good. Canopy has arrived so better get down and collect it. Going to fit it myself at this time as the dealer is saying two hours labour at close to $100/hr. I can find better things to do with $200.
Mick

Ok so finally Fingers crossed they have fixed my hard cover central locking.. Third visit now each time fixd only to last a week or two before stopps working again.

Also asked them to do the fuel reset people have spoken about. But informed that the 550 is a closed loop learning sytem and can not be reset. its only the 2.5 turbo models that need resetting after dodgy fuel..

They claim the computer continuous;ly monitors and adjust fuel on the run...

Well lets see. time to start only usung bp ulitate diesel and keep track of km's to see if it improves..

I have gone from geting consisten 9-10 l /100 up unitl 5000 km when i accidently filled up with a bio diesel to since then gettin 12-13 /100 now done 12000km and showing no signs of improving....

Reset it yourself by pulling the battery lead off and pressing the brake pedal, then putting the battery lead back on.

You will need your radio PIN and you should write down the value in your trip meter(s) if you use that info for economy calculations.

If the thing learns constantly, it should also "unlearn". Try the reset and see if it works, and if it does, you've met a YABI (Yet Another Bullshitting Idiot). Yabbies are everywhere mate, but they sell yabbie pumps you can use on them at BCF.

As far as I am aware most modern ECU's continuously monitor and adjust accordingly, some may not do it as fast but I'm fairly sure most of them do it.

As for a system that can't be reset that seems weird given that so many dealers use the "only we can reset ECU's properly as a part of log book servicing" and their mantra to convince people not to go elsewhere for servicing.

Also using Bio could be a reason your fuel economy has increased, it could all depend on where that bio comes from. Changing back to a regular brand should give you more accurate figures whether they are high or low.

Only ever used that one tank of bio. Desperate time as done to 10 k's to empty and there wasn't another servo within range and that servo only sold bio..
That was 8000km's ago now you would have thought it would have unlearnt by now..

Krafty the service guys were pretty adamant there was no reset for it even brought out training records for the 550 they attended last week what do you do....

Hello Hunter, got the black ripple ECB Bar on mine, they look good. Canopy has arrived so better get down and collect it. Going to fit it myself at this time as the dealer is saying two hours labour at close to $100/hr. I can find better things to do with $200.
Mick

Mick they do look the part, I also brought a set of spotties 70w hid ($375 ebay) gee they make a difference we us to drive everywhere on low beam before because hi beam was absolutley shit house tried 3 different bulbs nealy $400 worth which hardly made any difference at all, but it's all good now.
Mate I had my nav in for a service last week 20000km and told them about my increased fuel for around town was up to 12.8/100lt so they said that they will do a injector relearn on it and according to invoice they did.

Lyle

I didn't like the ECB bar when I first saw it but its starting to grow on me.
Would be too much to ask that its winch compatible I suppose

Chookc- definitely can reset the fuel computer, Nissan did mine when it went in for a service, it flew when I got it back until the computer changed things back again

Chookc- definitely can reset the fuel computer, Nissan did mine when it went in for a service, it flew when I got it back until the computer changed things back again

Sorry mate not winch compatible, I had to take mine back to tjm as the little plastic inserts wernt sitting properly so they sicaflex them in.

Ahh wht do you do.. Each person says a different thing no one knows didly about any car they service..... Bring back the good old days when a mechanic was just that not a computer literate guy that can plug and play and say hey presto service done...

Ahh wht do you do.. Each person says a different thing no one knows didly about any car they service..... Bring back the good old days when a mechanic was just that not a computer literate guy that can plug and play and say hey presto service done...

.Was talking to a bloke today service centre has had his jeep for 8 months -$8000 later ecu and other warranty wont cover him because he had it serviced elsewhere.

Ahh thats a crock of sh>t as long as whoever services it according to the manufacturers hndbook and uses genuine parts then the dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on . its only when they can prove a non genuine part caused the problem that your not covered..

Ahh thats a crock of sh>t as long as whoever services it according to the manufacturers hndbook and uses genuine parts then the dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on . its only when they can prove a non genuine part caused the problem that your not covered..

Yeh that's my understanding, but they still got his car until he comes up with the cash, he did say it was extended warranty! which'll should cover that stuff, he also said that he showed another fellow the invoice who's pretty clued up on jeeps he reckons that they have charged him for other stuff that it wasn't the caused of the problem but they replaced them because they didn't know what the problem was.

Got my canopy fitted today. Looks great. I removed the hard lid myself. Not that difficult but when removed the base for the hinges by drilling out the rivets found that when they drilled to fit the unit they never removed the drill shavings from between the tub and the hinge system and now they have rusted and eaten into the paint. Nissan dealer has taken photos and contacting Nissan. Wait and see.
Have to check with Rhino Bars and see if they have a mount suitable for Nissan roof bar tube so I can mount boat loader.

Mick

Hello all.
I have got my hard lid and carrybar up for sale if anyone is interested. STX 550 Arctic White, excellent condition.

Mick

Not sure if anyone else has had any issues, but i took mine up Mt Walker Sunday. Got up there after a couple of goes on highway tyres, and all was good. Getting out on a much easier track i had a rock flick up and split the oil cooler. Its in a pretty bad position, so i would definitely recommend a bash plate for anyone heading onto rocky terrain with one :)

Worst part is the part is 6-8 weeks ex japan. If anyone knows of one in stock somewhere, please let me know! lol

I understand bash plates may be an obvious thing, but, i didn't plan on doing much off road stuff so thought i would be ok to make the occasional trip without gearing up too much.

Latest posts

Back