The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate,

When I first got it was doing 9.5-10 l/100km, crept up to about 12l/100km (all around town, same conditions). Was also down on power to the point where I was getting pissed off with it. I just hope its stays like that and doesn't change at all

How's the fuel eco going I just did a trip to Mackay on the weekend sitting on gps speed 100 - 110kph (speedo 107 - 117kph) going up I got 10lt/100km coming home 11.7lt/100km I usely see 9.2 - 10.6lt/100, I have been getting about 12.5lt/100 around town lately , so have another 900km to go before 20000km service due, might try a tank of vortex diesel before then as I have only run it on BP diesel if it's still up there I will ask for a reset.

Cheers Lyle

How's the fuel eco going I just did a trip to Mackay on the weekend sitting on gps speed 100 - 110kph (speedo 107 - 117kph) going up I got 10lt/100km coming home 11.7lt/100km I usely see 9.2 - 10.6lt/100, I have been getting about 12.5lt/100 around town lately , so have another 900km to go before 20000km service due, might try a tank of vortex diesel before then as I have only run it on BP diesel if it's still up there I will ask for a reset.

Cheers Lyle

Yeah my fuel is up too, at the 10k service they did some sort of reset and it went like a rocket, not for long though sadly

ECB Bullbar

Hi all this threads been a bit quite lately so I gather it's a good thing, must mean everyone's still happy with their 550 Iam, anyway went to ARB again for update on their bullbar - nothing yet, went into TJM they nothing yet but only to be told it looks like it's on hold as they looking at the acessaries for the new hilux, so I might look at the ECB bar (ripple black) least they are out! Q? for those that have one what are the fog lights on them like ? and what size spotties do you have on them, Iam thinking something like these either 7" or 9"

70w HID Driving Lights - 7 inch EURO $449.00/PAIR | eBay

any thoughts?
Cheers

Mate go the ECB bar it looks the part on the 550.. Got the polished fitted a couple weeks ago and really toughens up the front end. The quality of the ecb bar over some arb and tjm bars my mates have had fitted is way superior. Neater fully welded and guseted and thicker wall thickness alloy as well.Plenty of room to fit the big spotties as well..

If I could work out how to post pics and stay logged onto this site I will post some...

Mate go the ECB bar it looks the part on the 550.. Got the polished fitted a couple weeks ago and really toughens up the front end. The quality of the ecb bar over some arb and tjm bars my mates have had fitted is way superior. Neater fully welded and guseted and thicker wall thickness alloy as well.Plenty of room to fit the big spotties as well..

If I could work out how to post pics and stay logged onto this site I will post some...

Thanks chook, how do the fog lights compare with the factory ones as in brightness & would you fit 9" spotties on the bar WxH or better with 7"?
look forward to the pics

Have got an ECB Nudge Bar. Polished, very good quality.
Fuel economy has settled back down now about 9.5 to 9.9 on the dash computer readout arond town.
Just did 3,500 K's aroung queensland and readout was 15.5l / 100k's. It was really just over 16l / 100k. Still good with 2.5 tons of van behind it.

13,600k and no problems.

which spec to purchase please give some info

h i hope all is well

i am new to the navara and also to posting on forums so please4 orgive me if this is in the completly wrong place!!
i am looking to purchase a navara for use outside of work am a bit stuck on which model would be best , adventura , outlaw etc?
looking to spend between £ 10 to 15 k on one hopefull 08 plate or newer.

would be great if any one could give a quick definition of the two types. looking for an auto as i want this to be a relaxing ride, is this going to hinder my fun too much, too slow etc? could be swayed to a manual ,

many thanks guys!! ( and girls):flowers:

Sounds great, I especially appreciate Automatic transmissions that allow for some sort of manual mode, important when offroad.... Not that you will get stuck anytime soon with 550nm of torque :D

Orderd the ECB bar black ripple today, got three quotes $2150, $2300 & $2550 fitted, so the $400 saved goes towards spotties, should be fitted next friday if it arrives on time, will post pics then.
Cheers

The only problem with alloy bars is they are so weak.

Hit a roo at 60kph and its a complete replacement, + probably damage to your grill, lights and possibly guards if it punches back into them.

Good for looks, no good for outback driving/protection.

Not much to chose from ARB & TJM haven't released one and they don't seem to know when or if they will. So I'll take a chance cause I need to put some descent lights on, at least I might see the roo coming then because the standard lights are woeful tried 80+ then 55w hids then changed to 100+ replacement bulbs so nearly spent $400 on headlight bulbs and still lights are shit.

Split turbo hose

Hi all put the nav in for its 20 000km service got a phone call telling me that it has a split turbo hose and not recommended to drive it at all, only 3 hoses in australia, I got one but be a week before I get it back, upside I get a loan car. I notice that fuel economy was up a bit maybe the reason so they are going to do a relearn on it anyway.

Hi Hunter, mine split an intercooler hose a couple of months back. Was leaking oil on the garage floor. They got a new one within a couple of days and fitted it. Vehicle had about 10,000ks up at the time.
About to order a canopy from Nissan for mine.
Mick

What's causing the hoses to split? Heat? What boost pressures are you getting (need Scangauge, OBD data reader or pressure gauge)?

Might be worth replacing the turbo hosing with metal as much as possible.

What's causing the hoses to split? Heat? What boost pressures are you getting (need Scangauge, OBD data reader or pressure gauge)?

Might be worth replacing the turbo hosing with metal as much as possible.

Mick had no oil leaks or symptoms

Service told me that it maybe a bad batch of rubber hoses

My dealer had no idea either. Would you believe they got my lid lock and fitted it the other day. I went to open the lid after getting the vehicle back and it would not open, either with electric or manual lock. Took it back and they were scratching their heads for a while on how to get in, they eventually took the tailgate off. Now so far so good. The lid will be up for sale soon when the canopy arrives.

Mick

my stx 550 split a turbo hose as well.had to wait 10 weeks for parts and car wasn't even cleaned when it came back.oil all through engine bay.if you pull the inlet pipe off the engine in the valley it has oil sludge inside. nissan can not explain this but tell me the car is fine. duncan nissan suck.

my stx 550 split a turbo hose as well.had to wait 10 weeks for parts and car wasn't even cleaned when it came back.oil all through engine bay.if you pull the inlet pipe off the engine in the valley it has oil sludge inside. nissan can not explain this but tell me the car is fine. duncan nissan suck.

It's easily explained. It's called blow-by with oil vapour. Emissions standards require that blow-by (and the oil vapour) is routed into your vehicles air intake.

And so you get oil in there. Fit a catch can and the problem mostly goes away.

Up date I was driving home from work yesterday when I seen my car parked out front of dealer, everyone was surprised part turned up overnight so they fitted it up straight away,downside didn't get to take the loan car for a drive new tidia, also when I picked it up and paid for the service they charged me $260 instead of $450 they hit the wrong button for the oil so I got charged for the cheap oil. All I can say is DC Motors keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back