The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah rich we redefine computer when in comes in. And re calibrate it all.
I served you but didn't have time to chat and introduce myself. Only reason you got that step panel ia cause I told the boss inknew ya ;) haha

FatBoy89 said:
Yeah rich we redefine computer when in comes in. And re calibrate it all.
I served you but didn't have time to chat and introduce myself. Only reason you got that step panel ia cause I told the boss inknew ya ;) haha

Yeah I was hoping to get a chat but you were a bit busy so i didn't hang around. Will the computer keep its settings as it is now or will it adjust them to my driving and end up as it was before again?
Thanks for the step, i thought it was cos i had a hissy fit at nissan about a few bits of plastic inside coming off

Nissan are the most difficult company ever to try get money from for
Warranty or anything like that. Then again that's a pd issue technically as the vehicle should be completely inspected through and through so everything is tight an won't fall off..
Mate as far as I know its most affected by the fuel you use and calibrates it power to the quality of the diesel fuel and driving.
Make
Sure you open her up on the high way every now an again.
Aussie diesel is shit quality :)

Hard to give it stick as it has that much grunt it scoots along nice just off tick over!

Heading up to Coffs this weekend so should be able to blow the cobwebs away, guess that's a good excuse to get out of town more.

I always use the "big name" servo's, never like the look of those cheap ones,

Hmm very interesting... WHat is classed as good diesel and what is classed as bad...
Thjoughts every one...

he he guessing that tank of bio diesel I had to use once won't have done it any favours

I recently bought fuel from a Metro outlet and suspect it had some bio in it - no dramas with it, performance seemed no different (I could say "perceptibly better" but I'm sure that's just a devil's advocate's wishful thinking).

I also bought fuel from Kings Creek Station in the NT at Christmas and I've never had fuel that gave me that good a mileage while towing - ever. There's a good chance that, while Nissan are saying "don't get bio" and scaring us with horror stories of fungus-covered fish and chips being found in people's tanks, these "anecdotes" may well be promoted by the fuel companies - the ones that stand to lose a bit if we're not using 100% dinosaur.

I don't know where the truth is, at this point in time. I was unable to purchase fuel elsewhere than Kings Creek Station - those who know where it is will know why, and for those that don't ... it's miles from anywhere. I had thought that this place would be using 20% bio or more and was greatly concerned having heard the horror stories of fuel pumps choking on chicken nuggets and overcooked scallops. The dreaded and predicted demise of my diesel did not occur, nor did we attract hordes of hungry people lining up for free DPF-filtered Chiko Rolls that ought to have been shot out the exhaust.

So it's possible that you might cause huge amounts of damage with biodiesel, and it's also possible that it's just a scare-mongering campaign by the dinosaur-peddling companies that DO have a lot to lose if biodiesel is found acceptable.

I'm not going to deliberately go out of my way to drop a battered sav in my tank, but I'm not going to shit bricks the next time I'm faced with either buying biodiesel or walking 300km to get some genuine T-Rex.

Hard to give it stick as it has that much grunt it scoots along nice just off tick over!

Heading up to Coffs this weekend so should be able to blow the cobwebs away, guess that's a good excuse to get out of town more.

I always use the "big name" servo's, never like the look of those cheap ones,

Oh how I wish I had your problems. LOL
I can dream bout the 550, I wish, I wish, I wish.

Rich, They showed me the pipe, split on the inside of the elbow. They said the oil leak was due to this split as the engine breathes into the system, not sure how and that is why there was oil leaking.
Hardly drove the vehicle since noticing oil leak, so not sure if power down but on trip to Bairnsdale today the computor registered 8.4/100k, still had plenty of power. They said it would have been down on power as the boost would have been down due to the leak.
Mick

Rich, They showed me the pipe, split on the inside of the elbow. They said the oil leak was due to this split as the engine breathes into the system, not sure how and that is why there was oil leaking.
Hardly drove the vehicle since noticing oil leak, so not sure if power down but on trip to Bairnsdale today the computor registered 8.4/100k, still had plenty of power. They said it would have been down on power as the boost would have been down due to the leak.
Mick

They're right about it but may not have explained things enough, after reading this post you'll probably want to go shopping.

The oil in that hose is from your crankcase and it is supposed to be there, because the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCVV) system is plumbed to your air intake just before the turbocharger inlet. Blow-by gases mixed with oil vapour are ejected from the crankcase and fed into the intake to combust that oil (hence the need for low ash oil, particularly in models with DPFs fitted).

Unfortunately oil vapour, like any liquid that is heated, will condense into a liquid state once it cools and that oil is headed straight for your intercooler!

The only legal way to prevent this - and Nissan have no objection to thiss - is to fit a catch can, preferable somewhere a little cooler than the engine bay to encourage the oil to condense in it before the gases are returned to the intake. You will have to empty the catch can regularly, but it's better than having that sludge blocking your intercooler!

Ours is sitting at 8.5 l/100 no towing atm. Had a puddle of water form under it - i traced it to washer bottle in front rh guard. Awkward spot for it :)- new water bottle on order from Japan ....

Got my approval letter from QLD Transport today for the body lift, Cheering!

Got to a hill or it might have gone further, didn't really run at it either.

Stock shitty soft Nissan suspension had me a bit nervous!

Still running all sweet rich?
Had my first horror story of a 550 today.
A certain semi well known footy player bought one and drove to Canberra and unfortunately it didn't make it in exactly one piece.

The car probably self detonated to protect its self from getting to Canberra!

Performance is back how it was, took about 30km for computer to put it back, still not exactly sluggish though.

I did 1500km in 2days, with a fair bit of that on highway, I recon its the perfect car for that type of driving, 110 on cruise, sit back and enjoy.
Tight twisty bush tracks are a pain in the arse though as it's so laggy, found myself staring at the gear leaver willing it to shift down a fair bit.

Also, has anyone been able to keep dust out of the tub? Might put that Q in D40 general

Latest posts

Back