The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any engine issues from anyone here? I've had mine in for a mystery noise which I was told was the excess boost being let go (back off throttle from about 2000rpm under load) now I get a noise again under load but further up the rev range, like 3000rpm, accelerating up a hill I get a howl, getting worse rapidly too. Have it in for service on Wed, we'll see what they come up with, sounds awfully turbo-ish to me.
Someone else posted something about engine noise there other day too

Found oil leak on garage floor today. Got under vehicle and saw oil dripping from the bottom of the motor and subframe. Took it into dealer and they couldn't see where it was coming from. Cleaned the bottom and taking it in tomorrow for better look, have to take covers etc off.
mick

I was at TJM and ARB yesterday, ARB guy said they were not planning on developing anything for it.

The TJM Bloke however, said I could have a T15 Style steel bullbar fitted next week if I wanted.

Has anyone found any air bag compatible seat covers yet?

ARB had my car back in March for 10 days (before delivery) - measuring and assessing for the bullbar developement, so there is definitely one on the way. They build them in lots of 500. Apparently ARB base their production/sales on 10% of the available market. Currently there are only 120 vehicles (550's) being imported each month by Nissan Australia wide.
Does anyone know if the Safari snorkel for the 2.5 fits the 550?

NA_R33 said:
I was just contacted by the supplier for the bullbar that they wont fit the new one, bit of a bummer.

Yeah so far Boetchers have been more then helpful. Just got the phone call, car should be at the dealership tonight or tomorrow morning and should have it by the end of the week, cheering!

I already have the body lift in my hot little hands but am waiting for modification approval from QLD Transport, I went down this avenue with the last D40 and got approval but never ended up actually doing it.

I know TJM do a steal bar for them already and a snorkel but really had my heart set on the XROX bar... mmm back to the drawing board...

Yeah this is my 4th black car.... you think I would have learned....

If anyone is interested in a XROX bullbar and lives near Perth in WA, Outback accessories will give a discounted bar if you can bring the car in to be measured up. Bit of a drive from qld for me.

Jase V9X said:
ARB had my car back in March for 10 days (before delivery) - measuring and assessing for the bullbar developement, so there is definitely one on the way. They build them in lots of 500. Apparently ARB base their production/sales on 10% of the available market. Currently there are only 120 vehicles (550's) being imported each month by Nissan Australia wide.
Does anyone know if the Safari snorkel for the 2.5 fits the 550?

The safari snorkel for the 2.5 won't fit the 550. Air filter box in different location. You can buy some 90 degree bends and pipe to modify it to fit if you are in a hurry.

The k&n filter for the 2.5 will fit 550 though.

Jase the same TJM dealer told me they are already doing snorkels for them.

Cool ordered the wet seat, seat covers, they do them for the back too, dont really want the dogs or the soon to arrive little fella top destroy the seats.

Been talking to allied wheels they have released a new wheel for the spanish D40's called a scorpion, available in a 16 x 8. Looks like ill be going a set of those with 285 75 rubber. Having second thoughts about muddies though, I'm not sure I really want to do anything that serious with it, and therefore think it may be a waste... Realistically I'll only be touring in it and the occasional play with mates (which will involve watching them do the hard tracks). Or am I just saying this now until it gets its first scratch?? Its the first new car Ive ever had...

Also discovered Opposite Lock will have a bull bar for them within a few weeks. Still really want an XROX bar though....

Cool ordered the wet seat, seat covers, they do them for the back too, dont really want the dogs or the soon to arrive little fella top destroy the seats.

Been talking to allied wheels they have released a new wheel for the spanish D40's called a scorpion, available in a 16 x 8. Looks like ill be going a set of those with 285 75 rubber. Having second thoughts about muddies though, I'm not sure I really want to do anything that serious with it, and therefore think it may be a waste... Realistically I'll only be touring in it and the occasional play with mates (which will involve watching them do the hard tracks). Or am I just saying this now until it gets its first scratch?? Its the first new car Ive ever had...

Also discovered Opposite Lock will have a bull bar for them within a few weeks. Still really want an XROX bar though....

Just check if the 16's will fit before you pay for them mate. I've tried standard D40 16 alloys and they don't fit the 550 unfortunately.

Really? why is that mate?? are the 550's a different offset?? or do they have different brakes??

They found a split in the intercooler pipe so they say. One ordered and should be here tomorrow (friday), hope it doesn't take as long to get as the hard lid lock, been waiting since April still not here. They don't know how the pipe split.

Mick

They found a split in the intercooler pipe so they say. One ordered and should be here tomorrow (friday), hope it doesn't take as long to get as the hard lid lock, been waiting since April still not here. They don't know how the pipe split.

Mick

Was that causing the oil leak? Was it down on power/up on fuel?

Rich

Just got my 10,000km service done at Sydney Nissan (got 7000km on it), don't know what they did (guessing a computer reset) but it absolutely rips now, feels like it did when I picked it up, driving to Coffs Harbour this weekend so will see how it is on that trip.

Just got my 10,000km service done at Sydney Nissan (got 7000km on it), don't know what they did (guessing a computer reset) but it absolutely rips now, feels like it did when I picked it up, driving to Coffs Harbour this weekend so will see how it is on that trip.

hi justdrinkin
what was fuel fuel economy like before you had the service? it's good too see you are happy with their service department. Mine goes in next week for 10,000k, have requested to do diagnostic check because of bad fuel figures. Hope I come away as happy as you, but after they took 4 visits and about 10 weeks to fix boot lock I may be hoping for too much
Hope you have good weather for your trip. We are heading to sydney for the weekend so will probably pass along the expressway somewhere.

Hi mate,

When I first got it was doing 9.5-10 l/100km, crept up to about 12l/100km (all around town, same conditions). Was also down on power to the point where I was getting pissed off with it. I just hope its stays like that and doesn't change at all

Latest posts

Back