The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just contacted by the supplier for the bullbar that they wont fit the new one, bit of a bummer.

Yeah so far Boetchers have been more then helpful. Just got the phone call, car should be at the dealership tonight or tomorrow morning and should have it by the end of the week, cheering!

I already have the body lift in my hot little hands but am waiting for modification approval from QLD Transport, I went down this avenue with the last D40 and got approval but never ended up actually doing it.

I know TJM do a steal bar for them already and a snorkel but really had my heart set on the XROX bar... mmm back to the drawing board...

Yeah this is my 4th black car.... you think I would have learned....

Yeah spoke to TJM at acacia ridge last week,they siad they are doing bash plates steal bull bars and snorkels for them already.

Can anyone that already has one help me out and let me know what ADR No. is on the compliance plate?

Hmmm just looked at a photo of the old one and there isnt one??

Old. Tony, hi there, ok in your opinion, is around 130kg too heavy ball weight for the navara??, as i hear there have been dramas with main chasie bending?? , and i'll have to have a look at the grommit on the other side near the aircond etc,:thank_you2:, cheers
On the trailer: most trailers require 10% of their weight resting on the ball. It's to stabilise the trailer as it's being hauled around. If not enough weight rests on the towball, the trailer will sway while you're towing it and could cause you to lose control of the vehicle.

If you have too much weight on the towball the same could happen - the balance is right around the 10% mark. You can be a couple of % off and it won't hurt. Heavier rigs - 2T and over - have enough mass on the ball to maintain the coupling in the correct manner.

Dual axle rigs are quite a bit more stable and you might get away with having less ball weight, but you shouldn't. You need some weight to make sure there's no lifting of the ball couple, as the mechanism is designed to hold together through its weight - yes, there is a clamp around the ball, but that clamp should never be relied upon to retain the coupling all the time - it's only there to stop the tow couple bouncing off. The downward force of the towball weight is supposed to locate the ball in the correct position for towing.

As for your firewall, there's a grommet that is reachable on the firewall near the ABS unit. Wires passed through this grommet will poke through behind the air conditioning ductwork, but if you push a bunch of the wiring through, you should be able to snag it with your fingertips and pull it into the cabin. If you're into water crossings, don't forget to seal the grommet up with Sikaflex when you're done.

Old. Tony, hi there, ok in your opinion, is around 130kg too heavy ball weight for the navara??, as i hear there have been dramas with main chasie bending?? , and i'll have to have a look at the grommit on the other side near the aircond etc,:thank_you2:, cheers
The only drama with the chassis bending has been when people have incorrectly used air bags. There's a right way and a wrong way to use them - and because they provide a single contact point on the chassis (unlike your springs, which share the load over two points), air bags can cause trouble. Use them sensibly and there seems to be no problem, of course.

130kg is no drama at all. The Navara can take 300Kg of ball weight, just remember to substract that from the load you are allowed put in the tub.

Example: Navara tub capacity = 810Kg (DC STX Auto). Add canopy, bull bar, winch = about 100kg extra, capacity = 710Kg. Add the 300Kg ball weight and you have 410kg left = 10 bags of cement and a bag of spuds.

Suspension will be on the blocks for sure, because the stock leaf spring can only really manage 150kg, but it's legal. Well, technically not, because spuds being food shouldn't be carried in close proximity to cement, but I won't call the health department if you don't.

For those being picky about the weight of the bullbar not resting on the back axle - I know, but you also have to consider GVM here. The Navara (unlike the Colorado, see that other thread where I compared the two) actually allows 140Kg or so for passengers when working out its capacity, but if you use the capacity of the tub as rated then with the bullbar added to the vehicle, you'd exceed the GVM and be breaking the law.

Picked the beast up this afternoon, pretty stoked! thought they came with those bar things on the roof though (not that I really liked them)?? mine doesnt have them. And its already got a rattle under the dash under load, but nothing the first service wont sort out I'm sure. Overall very happy great looking truck inside and out.

Happy Days NA R33. You will be more excited each drive. Fantastic vehicle, had ours since March, 9,500K's and still eager to drive it.
Seems some people hate the roof racks and some like em. We love em, our Hobie cat fits on there perfect, loaded upside down.
Have run out of accessories to add on, no run out of money is more truthful.

10,000k service next week, then off to Queensland for a month with 2500kg van behind, will be the first big test.

Picked the beast up this afternoon, pretty stoked! thought they came with those bar things on the roof though (not that I really liked them)?? mine doesnt have them. And its already got a rattle under the dash under load, but nothing the first service wont sort out I'm sure. Overall very happy great looking truck inside and out.

G'day, the roof bars were standard kit on the first release models but were deleted from the up-spec edition (the one with leather, heated seats, satnav etc). On the fuel economy, I have now done nearly 15000kms and still getting 9.5/100 combined driving - still happy. First service (10,000 kms) cost me $199, but I have the car through a vehicle management program with my novated lease, hence the discounted price.

Aaahh fair enough. Sounds good. So you didnt get the free 1000k service?? mine definately has a rattle under load at low revs under the dash, again though I'm sure they will sort it. Feels like it wants to go, but havent gotten into it yet. Drove all over town today trying to get some k's up still only managed just under 300k's. Got myself a dash mate though which was good. Tomorrow I'll throw the UHF in if ever get through the IKEA flat pack my wife procured today.

Hello all. Just back from Tweed Heads, towing 2.5 ton + caravan. 15 l/100k towing and around 9 to 10 around the Gold Coast everyday driving. Went into Nissan Dealer at home to get lid lock repaired but they had got the wrong part in, the wait goes on.

Like Ekka said, still eager to drive it. Got just over 9000k's up so far. Been quoted $290 by dealer for 10,000 service. One of the most comfortable vehicles I have driven in a long time. Mick

Has anyone fitted a canopy yet. I have looked at Nissan Canopy (Snug Fit), Carryboy and Alphaline. Through the dealer Nissan is $4000 + fitting and other 2 $3500 fitted. Went to Snug Fit dealer and the quoted about $3600 fitted (SuperFspares).

Mick

Have a look at the Razor Back canopy, it would be my choice, the thing is made out of steel, with a steel tailgate like a station wagon, is all lined and lit. Quoted 3600 fitted from TJM.

I'm getting a Nissan canopy from Nizzbits, pm him through the forum.
$3800 delivered, will fit myself.
One thing I did find out was that a canopy voids the paint warranty on the tub as removing the hard lid leaves holes exposed where the hard lid fit on. I'll just Sikaflex em

What holes in the tub are exposed from hard lid mounting? Sounds to me like a piss poor excuse to try and stop people claiming a warranty, especially given the gaps Nissan leave in tailgates and the gaps left under the utli-track system (if the 550's have that)

Someone was saying that TJM had a bulbar available for the 550, can't remember which thread it was in, well I asked TJM the yesterday at the 4x4 expo thing and they said they definitely don't have one, but are starting to work on one which should be ready for christmas time.
(same as the answer from ARB on the front locker a few years ago).

Someone was saying that TJM had a bulbar available for the 550, can't remember which thread it was in, well I asked TJM the yesterday at the 4x4 expo thing and they said they definitely don't have one, but are starting to work on one which should be ready for christmas time.
(same as the answer from ARB on the front locker a few years ago).

Asked ARB the same Q? (Bullbar) about 3 wks ago said the same around xmas, so at the moment that i know of is ECB bullbars that have one out. also see that there is a chip out for them claims 199kw & 633Nm

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Pretty mild increase from a chip. I think Chipit are claiming 50% increase so something like 255KW and 825nm
So much I want to do first but those figures are mighty tempting

I was at TJM and ARB yesterday, ARB guy said they were not planning on developing anything for it.

The TJM Bloke however, said I could have a T15 Style steel bullbar fitted next week if I wanted.

Has anyone found any air bag compatible seat covers yet?

Latest posts

Back