The D.I.Y. ZD30 remap thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys has anyone that socketed their ecu had problems with it after not moving past glow plug stage and not starting? Thanks in advance

I got mine from a place in Bris called jap auto parts or something? paid $40 plus $15 postage, it was on ebay. You can get em for $50 if you hunt around. Yeah camel if the glow plug light doesnt go out it wont fire and means you have a dry join somewhere. need to search for the culprit. The guy who socketed mine had to have 3 goes before he got it

I got mine from a place in Bris called jap auto parts or something? paid $40 plus $15 postage, it was on ebay. You can get em for $50 if you hunt around. Yeah camel if the glow plug light doesnt go out it wont fire and means you have a dry join somewhere. need to search for the culprit. The guy who socketed mine had to have 3 goes before he got it
Thanks shorty I will let him know and try again

The PLCC32-EP1M adapter I purchased from china turned up today. It's a shame the programmer I purchased at the same time from the USA is still MIA. 15 days in Sydney and counting. I had to send MCUmall 3 messages before they gave a reasonable reply indicating they would check into it.

The programmer finally arrived (with incorrect usb cable).
I read the bin files from the stock D22 2006 ecu eproms and they are identical to the files posted by rumpig already. I did have an issue reading the even eprom. Every time I read it I was getting a different md5 checksum. I cleaned the eprom with a razor blade and isopropyl alcohol to remove some lacquer that was still on the pins. It then gave a consistent md5 that matched the even bin file posted.
I can't say enough how grateful I am for the information posted by Rumpig and his willingness to provide eproms and sockets to other members. It has truly transformed my car. Now to add a boost controller and up the boost slightly.
Thanks again Rumpig.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a bit of laquer on the pins, you've also got to be careful putting the chip in the chip adaptor, if it doesn't go in level it can bend the contacts over. There's half a dozen people using the remap and everyone seems happy so far. I'm still doing some minor tweakes and then i'll stick it on the dyno again and then do a write up on all the map changes that I've made.

When you did the dyno runs posted did you change the maps for different boost levels?

When you did the dyno runs posted did you change the maps for different boost levels?

Yeah, different maps for different boost levels. There was 4 different runs at 15 psi as I had some different start of injection maps to try, then 2 at 17 and 2 at 21psi.

Put the new ecu in today. What a difference! The car pulls hard with pretty much no lag. So much nicer to drive. Think I'll adjust the boost slightly saw it hit 19psi. Didnt notice any real change in egts. But will test it on some big hills that i know what temps i use to get. Thanks again rumpig!

Ok guys took my ecu back to the guy that did my sockets and got it back today plugged it in and my car wont get past glow plugs and wont start. He said he has inspected all connection and found nothing wrong but still went over them and still it dosent work could it b something else? How can I test?

Who did the socketing for you? Did you test drive the new ecu before you got it socketed

Ecu tested ok before and the guy that installed the sockets installs nismo chips. So he has done it before but I am just trying to fault find

Have you tried the original chips he would of taken off the ecu, to rule out the ones I sent? Have a look at the contacts around the edge of the chip and make sure none are bent. I can send you another set if need be. Does it run with your original ecu in it?

Runs with original ecu. Havent tried original chips this time will try that and then let you all know and the chips you sent look fine . I will have a closer look. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Guy at old norlunga ? Did you have any problems.? I just dont want to keep hassling him if its something wrong with the ecu not his work

Latest posts

Back