Tell.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to start importing fuel from Bali. evern with shipping it would work out cheaper than BP this morning.

Did my ECU reset (removed neg term method)

Plain ass BP Diesel (no BP Ultimate Diesel) 131.9 :mad:

What is everyone else paying?

Blacknav, fill up at Rutherford Caltex and see what you think of Vortex diesel.

Thats all I run now, my Nav loves it.

Dave.

Caltex isn't shit. They put "up to 5%" biodiesel in their fuel and I've used it, it isn't too bad.

You do need to get it from a high volume turnover outlet like a truck stop.

The ones to worry about are the Libertys, Uniteds, Metros and any others that sell "cheap" fuel. It's often up to 20% bio and there's no guarantee that "up to" means "no more than", it could easily mean "roughly, could even be 50%".

I'm not risking a $4,000 fuel pump, $1,600 in injectors and $200 in fuel filter just so I can save 2c or 3c per litre. Until biodiesel is much better, I'm sticking to dinosaur.

For what it's worth, Caltex is ranked 4th on my choice of fuel suppliers - in order Shell, BP, Mobil, Caltex then towing it.

I feel sorry for you all (although not those buggers in the outback). The valley's pricing has been between 130.9 and 137.9 in the last week depending on where you get it.

They reckon cartage is a big cost killer down here, there is up to about 160ks of cartage to get here yet down in east Gippy which is 100ks further on the petrol drops up to 10 cents (depending on the day). There are days when east Gippy is cheaper than Melbourne so cartage is obviously a big killer.

what a load of shit. Cartage would'nt add that much to over all price. It is just their way of jacking up prices and having people accept it. Not that there is much you can do if you don't accept it.

It's like the 'discount cycle' Australia has, the CEO of Caltex said himself on national TV. "The discount cycle has nothing to do with fuel prices, fuel is just priced that way because that is how people expect it to be"

Don't even get me started on long weekends and holidays

I heard someone on TV the other day saying that cycle is constantly changing now days anyway, where Tuesdays used to be cheap days it's gradually moved towards Saturday.

It's got to the point these days where I just don't give a rats about fuel, when I need fuel I fill it up, I don't go hunting for the cheapest pump in town, I don't fill up today because tomorrow could be dearer, I don't even rush to one servo as a preference just because it's been ok previous.

I remember those emails that do the rounds every now and again about fuel free days where the consumers take a stand an not fuel up to send a message to the fuel companies saying we wont stand for their crap but it's all a waste of bloody time they've got us by the short and curlies and they know it and no pressure from the consumer, the government or motoring bodies is going to change that.

The mob my wife works for used well over half a million litres of diesel in 2008 and probably even more than that per year since then and the fuel companies know that even if all the Joe Averages stopped filling up their cars for even a week companies like that and many more who's usage would be even higher keep them going for longer than the Averages can hold out.

It's not about competition or cartage or anything other than how tight the oil companies grip is on our short and curlies and they don't mind twisting when it suits them.

Latest posts

Back