Tapping noise in D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry _52

Reaction score
So I have a 2011 D40 Thai, has 250000km always serviced at 5000k. The nav started a ticking sound that I can't identify it only happens at idle and only happens on rare occasions anyone know what it could be

So I have a 2011 D40 Thai, has 250000km always serviced at 5000k. The nav started a ticking sound that I can't identify it only happens at idle and only happens on rare occasions anyone know what it could be

Sounds like a failing alternator over run pulley. Loosen the serpentine belt so the crank pulley spins without driving the belt. Run the engine for a few moments and see if the noise has gone.

Also have a look around the exhaust for black sooty emissions (commonly the exhaust manifold-turbo connection and the EGR tube). At idle, the turbocharger will be told to keep the vanes closed and EGR valve will be closed, but most other times they'll both be open so the exhaust will flow differently.

Hi, check your serpentine belt which drives almost everything . Also replace the small one as well. Fixed my problem.

Latest posts

Back