Suspension lift, body lift etc

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zackman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at lifting my 2012 Spain built Navara ST. I don't think a simple 2 inch lift will suit my needs so I am wanting to see what extra options I have.

Has anyone done a body lift on this option? Was much modification required for make it work?

Also have people ever used a strut spacer on the front and longer shackles on the rear in conjunction with a 2 inch suspension lift kit to get more lift? Is this a possibility or reliable and safe?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zack

Not mine but a mate has same model and its got 2" susp and 2" body with no problems.

Not 100% but i thought i had read somewhere that strut spacers werent a good idea as they can bend something? Somebody else can probably ad to that.. id be keen to know as well tho, can you add spacers n shackles to a lift to gain more?

Would the automatic shifter location be effected with the body lift? Any other things that dont have the give when adding the body lift? What modifications have people had to make?

I am think the suspension and body lift would be a great starting point coupled with new wheels and tyres.

hey mate why are you thinking body lift, if you ask me they're a waste of time as they don't give you any more clearance and you can still fit bigger tyres without one.
I recon your better going some height adjustable coilover's in the front and maybe some 2 inch leafs and extended shackles in the rear. This is what i have in mine 3 inch lift all round from Monster Rides.
Performance suspension also do a adjustable coilover up to 4 inches.
These will give you more travel up front than strut spacers.

Would the automatic shifter location be effected with the body lift? Any other things that dont have the give when adding the body lift? What modifications have people had to make?

Couple of mods needed for my d40 when i did it.
The lower radiator fan cover needed to be removed and left off
I have a factory nudge bar and rear bar that needed to be cut, brackets rewelded lower-so it sat higher - and I'm pretty certain i only did the rear bar that way, front i just made the holes a bit longer
I had to trim up the engine cover to stop it rubbing ( very minor and very easy )
I took about 30mm out of the rubber hoses (intercooler i think) as they sat a little bent, the trim fixed it up
And i have a manual (not auto, sorry) in 2nd 4th & 6th the shifter JUST clipped the back of the box by only the width of the leather surround - another easy fix, just removed the cupholders the lifted the surround out and trimmed it up
I ended up replacing the brake lines with extended ones as on full droop they were a little tight to be safe when out wheeling.

Never mind folks. I have discovered a 5 inch lift kit from Caloffroad. I will put that in for the time being!

Thanks very much for your help thus far 😊

Never mind folks. I have discovered a 5 inch lift kit from Caloffroad. I will put that in for the time being!

Thanks very much for your help thus far 😊

Still gonna want suspension mate, that won't help the ride quality

agree, dont really see the point of doing body lift unless you really need it. way too much to be done if just for look and appearance and from my experience the more you mess with something from factory the sooner it breaks.

Still gonna want suspension mate, that won't help the ride quality

I saw a fella on here that did the 5 inch lift and used 2 inch suspension lift and it all seemed to work well. I may start with the suspension and then go with 5 inch lift after that. I will speak with the guys at Caloffroad and see what they have to say in their experiences with people fitting a similar setup.

Looking at their site there are a few knocking around with a similar set up.

Latest posts

Back