Storage drawers and fridge height

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexxie

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm hoping someone might have this setup and can let me know what it's like. I've found a secondhand set of drawers for sale that are 300mm high. Once you put a decent fridge on top, how bad is it for accessing your fridge? Is it too high or is it a case of get a small step to stand on? I'm not short (5'11") but I'm thinking more about my daughter when she comes camping with me etc
Cheers
Helen

I've got those outback drawer system drawers in the rear of mine + a canopy. My 40ltr engel will fit in and depending on where u mount your fridge (previous owner had his up the front for side window access & I don't know how he acessed it). The drawers do have a sliding panel on top where your fridge just slides out but u need to be tall to see inside it

I'm 5'7" and i'd definitely find that too high. I've got my fridge on a slide on the tub floor, and the top of the fridge is about 450-500mm high off that. Even thats getting borderline high, especially on uneven ground.

Mind you I've got the equivalent of 4.5" of lift under my truck.

Yeah, I have a similar issue. around 5" lift with 300mm high draws with a 60l engle on top. Has to side out extra than a normal side, just so the lid can open and thats with a high roof canopy.

Just pack a milk crate or chainsaw (cut a nice step yourself)

cropped.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone, i decided to give these drawers a miss and think i'll keep my eye out for a set that has a lower drawer on one side to put the fridge on.

Thanks for the replies everyone, i decided to give these drawers a miss and think i'll keep my eye out for a set that has a lower drawer on one side to put the fridge on.

either that or you could look into a set of drop down runners, seems the ducks nuts but pretty pricey.. if you could get your drawers cheap might be worth it.

Where forge fried slide mounts just cut the top board of the drawers and run like a hinge setup so when the fridge slides out it tips forward.
Done

Take a look at these drop down slides from MSA

http://www.msa4x4.com/Products/DropSlide/DropSlide.asp

I just brought one online the other day and am going to fit it when I get home from the mines next week, looks the goods to me!

Yeah I like these Brett but decided on getting the lower drawer on one side with the fridge slide built in which I have my 80lt waeco on. Works well for me and very happy with it :)

Latest posts

Back