stock boost for a zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine runs at that and it's a fore front haven't done the egr yet doing it tomorrow I think that's what's it's meant to be running at tho

Supposed to be around 15 psi but they vary a lot depending on things like how the waste gate spring is etc.
Mine has egr mod and when I fitted a boost gauge it showed 16, I then fitted a manual boost controller and it showed 17.5 so I've adjusted until it peaks at 16 psi, they actually make peak boost at 3200 rpm but I never rev it that hard as it just seems pointless really.
I have heard of stock boost figures varying from 12 - 17 psi.
One things for sure since fitting the manual boost controller the waste gate doesn't creep open and all my boost is retained until the set relief point, so I could set it down to 15 psi and it still goes better than before.

oh that's good. I just wanted to make sure it isn't boosting to high. I hardly hit 3000rpm wen changing gears

Like Fourocker,
I thought std boost is 14psi.
I've not long installed a boost gauge and mine shows max boost of 15.
I've also heard that 50% increase to 21psi is quite ok, which would be 3.0bar is considered acceptable in turbo circles.

std is about 15psi.
not sure about max being 21psi
but 3.0 bar is ~44psi. 21psi is about 1.5 bar.

Supposed to be around 15 psi but they vary a lot depending on things like how the waste gate spring is etc.
Mine has egr mod and when I fitted a boost gauge it showed 16, I then fitted a manual boost controller and it showed 17.5 so I've adjusted until it peaks at 16 psi, they actually make peak boost at 3200 rpm but I never rev it that hard as it just seems pointless really.
I have heard of stock boost figures varying from 12 - 17 psi.
One things for sure since fitting the manual boost controller the waste gate doesn't creep open and all my boost is retained until the set relief point, so I could set it down to 15 psi and it still goes better than before.

digging up an old thread but what boost contoller are you running?

cheers
bryan

Latest posts

Back