Stickos Canopy Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between my brother cracking a tooth yesterday and me trying to finalise quotes etc we have just about got it sorted... To an extent.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416302190.796323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416302202.726328.jpg

The locks will be here in the morning so I'll put them in and put my antennas back in for the drive. Not putting on the light bar or the work lights until I get back.

The canopy still needs gas struts which will be here next week and some extra bits and pieces have to be done. Also have to put the rack on the top too.

So it shall do to get to Tim can bay and back. I'm the next few weeks fingers crossed I'll get most of the other bits done. Then it's off to the paint shop!!

Ok here we are with the canopy now. It's usable for my trip this week. Got my uhf antenna mounted but it is temp where it is and also the locks are in.

When I get back we will finish the rear lip for the tail gate along with a few other things. The whole canopy still needs to be hit with the orbital to tidy it up. It will stay raw until I have all the bits inside done. Don't want to have it painted then have weld marks where I've added racks etc inside.

Here are some pics. Everyone loves pics!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416354741.623764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416354753.690247.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416354764.657576.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416354775.391207.jpg

Ok here we are with the canopy now. It's usable for my trip this week. Got my uhf antenna mounted but it is temp where it is and also the locks are in.

When I get back we will finish the rear lip for the tail gate along with a few other things. The whole canopy still needs to be hit with the orbital to tidy it up. It will stay raw until I have all the bits inside done. Don't want to have it painted then have weld marks where I've added racks etc inside.

Here are some pics. Everyone loves pics!

Nice work Sticko and brother of Sticko. Can't wait to see the final painted product.

Great work guys, also keen to see the finished product.
I would either powder coat or wrap it. Never had much luck with paint on aluminium.
If only you knew a sticker dude ;-)

Looking pretty good. Have you considered insulating it? Gonna get pretty hot in there... I guess in that case weight will be a factor too...

Oh and as for vinyl, I hear there's some guy on here that does it hahahah

Looking pretty good. Have you considered insulating it? Gonna get pretty hot in there... I guess in that case weight will be a factor too...

Oh and as for vinyl, I hear there's some guy on here that does it hahahah

I've got a solar powered vent to put yet.

I've had a little time here and there to try and finish of the canopy before I got back out to work end of next week.

Got the struts on, rear lip and just finish the roof racks that are removable(bolted down. Shorter bolts go in when not being used.

Still got heaps to go yet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417576883.501899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417576894.118719.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417576902.252771.jpg

Sorry not a lot has happened really. Work commitments. I'm going to try and get the solar panels on the roof this block when I get home and put the battery in the tub.

It will get painted at some stage. Just want to finish all the welding before I do so I don't need to do any patch ups.

Here are a couple of recent photos.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418799375.521488.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418799387.119916.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418799422.025349.jpg

Latest posts

Back