Stickos Canopy Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozstickman

Reaction score
G'day all you good people. As some may be aware I am building (with a little help by my brother, he has all the folding machines etc) my own canopy. I am in the the near final stages of the drawing up plans which I will show you all once finalised for some criticism which I believe I'll get!
A few questions. Where have you all mounted your fridge? I would like to mount mine up the front on top of the wheel arch but my wife wants it behind the wheel arch which will make it lower but taking up rear space.
Btw this will be an all aluminium canopy. It will stay raw until I get all the extra frames inside welded it for different things. Once I got the main layout done it will be painted white to match the Nav.

Cheers and Beers
Sticko

On a slide in the back left corner, so you can open the tailgate, side it out on the slide and access fridge by standing beside the tailgate. Avoids lid clearance issues as well.
If desperate, can still be accessed via side window of canopy.

Here even better I have the latest frame design. Just ignore the frame for the front triangle section, it wont need all that framing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• canopy frame.jpg
    canopy frame.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 643
Well boys and girls the build starts Monday arvo! Plans have been changed abit, my brother is going all out and making it flasher than just square sides. It will be his first demo with his name on it and not his work places.

I got to take off my roll bar between now and Monday and take out my tool box.

Started yesterday arvo. Will have the frame and mountings finished this afternoon. Bending up all the sheets over the weekend and then refit all the antennas and lights etc.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415658443.285738.jpg

Its a Tall canopy.. now stop farting around here and get it done.
The day is not getting cooler.

Need to wait for my brother to knock off work. Here is the guru, he is teaching me some new tricks.

Wanted the extra height, there will be a wind deflector on the front which will also house all the electronics when complete.

More progress today. All the main frame and mounting angle welded together. All the panels and doors we bend on Saturday and have put together either then or Sunday. Then it's adding all the other bits in and on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415794165.687991.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415794179.705533.jpg

While you have the skin off, can I suggest you pre wire it ... or at least put in some draw wires ..... will be Sooooooo much easier than afterwards. Lights, power, whatever ....

Tig welder. Or you after brand and all?
My little brother is a boilie, sheetie, all round bloody top bloke with metal. He is a little picky with his work too. I'm still learning Tig, Mig for me is easy, Tig not so easy.

Hahha. Yeah, I know it's tig, lol. But brand would be good. Saw in a tool catalogue today a dc lift tig/arc for 300 bucks. 170a I think. Not sure on brand, but I may have a look at it as I've been wanting to give tig welding a go. Pretty good with oxy and arc welding and tig is sorta a mixture of both so shouldn't be too hard.... famous last words hahahah

Hahha. Yeah, I know it's tig, lol. But brand would be good. Saw in a tool catalogue today a dc lift tig/arc for 300 bucks. 170a I think. Not sure on brand, but I may have a look at it as I've been wanting to give tig welding a go. Pretty good with oxy and arc welding and tig is sorta a mixture of both so shouldn't be too hard.... famous last words hahahah

Its a Teckentools or something along those lines, not 100% sure on specs but it does shit loads. I will take a photo of it tomorrow and paste it up.

Just remember to do alloy you need an AC tig NOT a DC one.

Sticko - Got a complex yet with your canopy height LOL.
Is it for camping or some business need?
What doors are going on and where?

Latest posts

Back