steinbauer install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a Steinbauer in my 2008 Auto D40 King Cab with a 3" exhaust after the cat. No DPF.

Very little help in the way of instructions and using a multimeter to find the right TPS was useless. I was told when I contacted Steinbauer to use the fourth wire from the back. "It's red or black." Fourth wire was red...right next to a black wire. There are six wires, so depending on what to consider "the back" of the plug loom to be you could end up using the wrong wire. I used the red wire.

I previously had a cheapie rail pressure type power module of eBay ($100 from the UK), which even set a mild gave good results even for economy. For the $1400 I don't think the Steinbauer is worth it. The power comes on later, there is significant turbo lag, which I didn't have before with the other module and the economy is worse. I might try both modules on set to mild tune...hoping for the best of both worlds without causing damage.

Steinbauer can custom program them chips to do what you want. They offer plug and play to make it simple for most but they can modify it to come on faster and to suit any other mods you have like exhaust, better inter cooling etc.

I put a Steinbauer in my 2008 Auto D40 King Cab with a 3" exhaust after the cat. No DPF.

Very little help in the way of instructions and using a multimeter to find the right TPS was useless. I was told when I contacted Steinbauer to use the fourth wire from the back. "It's red or black." Fourth wire was red...right next to a black wire. There are six wires, so depending on what to consider "the back" of the plug loom to be you could end up using the wrong wire. I used the red wire.

I previously had a cheapie rail pressure type power module of eBay ($100 from the UK), which even set a mild gave good results even for economy. For the $1400 I don't think the Steinbauer is worth it. The power comes on later, there is significant turbo lag, which I didn't have before with the other module and the economy is worse. I might try both modules on set to mild tune...hoping for the best of both worlds without causing damage.

Are you sure you got the right wire? Might pay to get someone to have a look, could be your problem, also was it pre tuned to your set up or just off the shelf?

I found when I installed mine it made a lot of difference, mine was pre tuned to my exhaust, best thing is I know its safe, remember its not a WRX where you run 12s on the quarter, its never going to preform like a V8 either ;)

Latest posts

Back