Repairing D22 for Son

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevezd

Reaction score
Hi all. thanks for the add.
as stated I'm repairing a D22 for my sons first Car.
after lots of diagnosis we finally decided the fuel pump was the issue.
was running but stopped.
removed on Saturday and found that the insulation is missing from the wires for the timing solenoid.
my question is has anyone repaired wires only and put back in successfully?
$3000 for a change over pump is more than the cars worth I would expect.
thanks for any help.

i dunno that's about all some were worth a few years ago, might be a bit more now i think.

yes, the injector pumps are expensive.

goodluck getting it sorted.

If your not in a hurry, rebuilding the injector pump yourself is very rewarding and it doesn't cost a fortune ( especially with free labour),
Otherwise I would ring around the wreckers to see if you can get one

Are the wires burnt off or just old age, if it’s just old age replace wire. If showing signs of heat effected then further inspection is required.
In regards to the age or worth of the vehicle, I’d wish I’d kept my old HR Holden, many people are redoing repairing older vehicles, unless you’re’s is a total project job spending money is worth it.

If your not in a hurry, rebuilding the injector pump yourself is very rewarding and it doesn't cost a fortune ( especially with free labour),
Otherwise I would ring around the wreckers to see if you can get one
you can't rebuild the zd30 injection pump yourself. you need a calibration bench to measure and update the ecu. failure to do that means the pump electronics don't match the pumps mechanicals and your back to square one.

Hi Guys thanks for the insight. the wires don't appear to be burnt however all of the insulation is missing from these wires. they are for the lower solenoid which I believe is the timing or advance solenoid. if it wasn't such a long process to swap out I would chance replacing this solenoid only and try it.
have seen a few second-hand pumps around and wondering if anyone knows if the VG100 and VX 100 are the same?
I believe the Vg100 is fitted to the patrols and possibly very early zd30 Navaras.
cant find an answer online but suspect there is a difference.
maybe the VX supersedes the VG (chronologically).
some pumps exhange services list the VG as fitting navaras
anyone know?

Hi Guys thanks for the insight. the wires don't appear to be burnt however all of the insulation is missing from these wires. they are for the lower solenoid which I believe is the timing or advance solenoid. if it wasn't such a long process to swap out I would chance replacing this solenoid only and try it.
have seen a few second-hand pumps around and wondering if anyone knows if the VG100 and VX 100 are the same?
I believe the Vg100 is fitted to the patrols and possibly very early zd30 Navaras.
cant find an answer online but suspect there is a difference.
maybe the VX supersedes the VG (chronologically).
some pumps exhange services list the VG as fitting navaras
anyone know?
Hi Steve. I have a similar problem with my no start ZD30. Finally traced it to the 2 wires going from the PSG to the timing solenoid. Bare with zero insulation.
Did you manage to fix the issue? I would like to repair it in the vehicle but it's nearly impossible,( or just impossible) to get too or even see the bolts that hold the solenoid in the back of the IP. I just want to test the solenoid and if it checks out, I'll re- insulate the wires and reinstall. How long did it take to remove the IP? Did you go for a new unit or new TS?
Thanks for your observations. Graeme

Latest posts

Back