Steel canopies??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoY

Reaction score
Gidday peeps.

Just after some info on wether it's better to get a steel, fibreglass or abs plastic. Thinking of going steel for strength but then may have to upgrade rear leafs. Anyone info or experience much appreciated.

Cheers

Razor back

I bought a razor back steel about 6 months ago. Had HD Rhino bars fitted at same time. I have carried a 70kg tinnie on top at 110klm/hr. crossed Nullarbor twice and around Victorian roads. no problems or water leaks. some dust due to the front vertical weld on the tub other wise it has been excellent. The cost was less than a plastic or GRP Aussie make due to the dollar conversion and it didn't need the extra bracing for the roof bars. Definitely buy one again.

I recently picked up a steel sammitr canopy and very happy with it. Having said that the flexiglass canopy on the rodeo is 20 odd years old and still going. Don't think i would like to put much on the flexiglass roof now though.

Last edited:
Seems steel is a popular choice. I was sorry of heading in that direction as well for the strength and longevity.

Malicious if u don't mind me asking what did u pay for ur razorback. They look awesome

Came with the ute included in the price but think it was about $3600 there is a guy on the gold coast doing them for about $3000 the one I'm waiting on is a SMM simitar which is who make razor back, difference was central locking, included ,I've ordered mine with a slider window on the drivers side and lift on passenger side due to my dog

Here is link for the gold coast guy

http://steelcanopies.com.au/

canopies

some of the fibreglass canopies can give you higher roof loading as standard (plastic generally not without extra reo) is easily repairable and self coloured.
The plastic and vac infused GRP canopies only weigh 40kg or so ?? the steel ones are much heavier .
all come with central locking these days. Fibreglass composite has real advantages on extra cab and single cabs and high ladder loading and much Larger volume but only weigh 140kg (see the Flat Top canopy attached)

Attachments

• freestyle canopy.jpg
    freestyle canopy.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 187
Really when your looking at it whats the point of more dry storage if you smach you gvm unloaded

hey guys, I am looking at doing something similar with my dual cab. I wanted an aluminium canopy because they are light strong and I can modify it easily. I will give Alloy Welding Industries in Dubbo NSW a wrap for there incredible quality and they design each one with you to your requirments. I am still saving but will be going back in to see those guys! cheers!
see ya down the road a bit!

Haven't had the others and wasn't sure what to get and what would suit me and the family when looking for a dual cab with a canopy.Saw this one and thought that looks pretty good.

Gotta say I am so wrapped in the alloy canopy.Access is easy and to customise should be a breeze also So glad I didn't go the tub/fglass way.I can get so much in this thing nothing gets left behind...even the young fellas electric Jeep.

Attachments

• Nav's new wheels 5 14 009.jpg
    Nav's new wheels 5 14 009.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 82
  • The NAVARA XMAS 2013 010.jpg
    The NAVARA XMAS 2013 010.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back