Std Wheels/Tyres West SYD

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
Is there anyone in Western Sydney who has a spare set of road legal standard wheels and tyres that I could borrow two of for a couple of days (2003 D22 3.0L)? I'm in Plumpton but willing to travel within a 20km radius or so. Perhaps the beer economy could find suitable reimbursement?

Reason being - I have had an intermittent "shudder" in the steering (usually around 60-70km/h) not all of the time. I had my car serviced at my local garage on Friday and they want to eliminate my aftermarket wheels as being the cause. We talked about hub centric rings and such, but before we go down that track, they said if I can run around with a std set on the front for a day to see if it goes away.

Failing that, has anyone purchased some hub centric rings and know where I can get them. I haven't measured wheel bore or Hub OD yet.

I'm running Incubus Poltergeist wheels as per the photos in my garage, but can't seem to find the Oz importer/manufacturer online so far, only distributors.

Thanks
Kevin

Both my wife's car and my D22 have aftermarket alloy wheels without hub centric rings, the mechanic we used to take my wife's car to mentioned we should get them, something about reducing road noise, harshness etc. I honestly can't perceive a difference though, both vehicles had stock wheels originally.
I'm in the lower Blue Mountains if you want to borrow my alloy D22 stockers, the hp tyres on them are just technically legal, I was going to ebay them shortly.
I have seen hub centric rings on ebay but you'll really have to know your sizes ie not just measured with a ruler or tape but measured with a vernier or calipers and micrometer.

Last edited:
Thanks fourlocker,
I'm heading out to Cranebrook Sunday PM so may see if it is possible to call past either before or after and take you up on that offer?

I'll take the opportunity to measure wheel bore and hub whilst my wheels are off.

if so, I'll borrow them on the car for no more than 2 days then remove them and return them at a time convenient for yourself. I'll PM you my details to sort out the finer details.

cheers
Kevin

Just to round this thread out for the benefit of others. I put fourockers std wheels on and straight away I could tell it was my wheels causing the vibration. I had new longer studs put into the hub on RHS (will do LHS after payday) - to help locate the wheel better, and have ordered 110/100mm hub centric rings off eBay on their way from the US.

KB

Back