spray on tubliner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradsta

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have seen a few cars online and have been considering spraying my whole car in tubliner with the raptor upol..

i know this involves a strip of car and respray.. but is it worth it??
scratch proofing wise..

we've been discussing this for a while and considering doing my ute that way - if I did it it would simply be a quick sand - I don't think that you would need to strip and in fact if you did that you'd need to etch prime the metal.

My only hesitation for doing it is if I ever wanted to sell the car - it really does limit the buyer to someone who is looking for a tough - different looking 4WD - with all the bar work that we've done on our car it's probably not an issue but still I'd probably do it if the ute was a bit older - I think it is a great look, and Raptor is the way to go and scratches would be a thing of the past and if required touchups would be very easy.

I'll be doing this, but as was said above just get some sand paper around 400 grit and give it a hit. You only need to score the paint for something to bite too. I definitely wouldn't take it to bare metal.

seen a raptor 4l kit on the discount table at Autobarn Browns Plains the other day. I was gonna grab it then remembered I had a tray

since i got a tray on my ute, i might give the tub a test run with it..
if i fuk it nothing lost. was going to the tip anyway..

i havnt looked into it yet.. got to find a weekend.. doing a body lift first weekend free.
how much will 2L do

just re read the first post again, why in the world would you want to paint the whole car in raptor liner?????????????????

the 4L at browns plains was $200

2l will easily do the tub on a d22. Will be doing my car and a mates in a week or two so I'll let you know how it goes

just re read the first post again, why in the world would you want to paint the whole car in raptor liner?????????????????

because it gives you an extremely tough looking - tough wearing - easy to patch 4WD. Do it right and it looks fantastic - do it wrong and it looks crap.

dirtjockey said:
because it gives you an extremely tough looking - tough wearing - easy to patch 4WD. Do it right and it looks fantastic - do it wrong and it looks crap.

My painter says its is not eat to patch at all??

My painter says its is not eat to patch at all??

If it's put on correctly you get a consistent smooth finish - that can be easily patched - it's no different to spraying a panel - sand, smooth and blend it in. If it's poorly applied then it is patchy, rough and then it might be difficult to patch. IMO

Just google raptor tub liner mate and you'll find a shop that sells

Latest posts

Back