Spare Keys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maatam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am based in Adelaide and I have just purchased my first used STR (2.5 L, 2008). The car came with only one key (not original but cut) and I am wondering if the original keys had a transponder for the central locking and immobiliser. Great site with tons of information.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if the 2008 STR had central locking, but if it did then I'd expect the key to have had the remote on it.

The keys with the remotes are quite expensive. If you can provide the VIN and proof of ownership to a Nissan dealer they could cut you a genuine one and code it to your car.

Thanks for your reply. The 2008 STR has central locking and I guess I will first visit a locksmith and ask for a quote.

No they don't. Just a plain key. No
Immobiliser in these d22's :)

No immobiliser/central locking in my 2008 :(

There is a kit you can buy from Nissan for a few hundred bucks. PM Nizzbits if you are after one.

They have central locking.

Just not keyless entry.

Either an alarm or the kit Jason is talking about, will get you out of trouble.

Thank you all for your tips. I will get an all-in-one alarm installed next week with immobiliser, remote central locking and turbo timer. Might as well do them all in one go.

Latest posts

Back