sort of new guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-JOSH-

Reaction score
hey guys I have been a member of this site for a while now but have never introduced myself.
My name is obviously josh and i live in south east brisbane. I'm a carpenter by trade and am thinking of setting up my own handyman and maintenance business. So if anyone needs some jobs done around the house give me a yell.

Always loved cars and my toys, am currently building a nissan silvia as a fun car. I know a lot of you will probably laugh at that but i love my turbo cars. Had to sell my 32 GTR(thats the car that was banned from bathurst because it destroyed all the V8s:hahaha:) to buy my house. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, loved that car with a passion.
I love water skiing, go kart racing, camping and just hanging around with a good group of people.

My car is about as stock as they come at the moment it is a 2006 D22 STR with an alloy tray, bull bar, helper springs for the tray, some pirelli scorpions, a new sterio and the EGR/ butterfly mod completed 2 nights ago, thanks to the info on this site. There are some things to come like an exhaust, snorkel, spotties and a 2" lift.

Awesome site and I look forward to meeting a few new faces.

Welcome to the forum. Good to see someone with a similar job, i'm a cabinetmaker (custom furniture) by trade.

Good stuff Josh.

Got pics of the cars ? I have always liked the underdog CA18DET powered S13's.

The SR is alright but very overated. The CA's head is a better design. But the ultimate Nissan 4 banger petrol is the FJ20ET, would love a FJ24S but there super rare.

Good stuff Josh.

Got pics of the cars ? I have always liked the underdog CA18DET powered S13's.

The SR is alright but very overated. The CA's head is a better design. But the ultimate Nissan 4 banger petrol is the FJ20ET, would love a FJ24S but there super rare.

I had originally bought it with a ca18 but it had spun a bearing and got talked into buying a blacktop sr. So i have put that in, all new diff and axles, 5 stud and bigger brakes, and a fair bit more.

here is my sexy nav
navarad.jpg

This was my baby, forged motor, head work, new lines, brakes, fuel system, touched up paint plus lots more. Spent alot of money on this and suprisingly actually got my money back. She made 350hp on 12psi before i did anything to it. Never got the chance to get a dyno run done after all the work was done. All I know is it had all the power to spin all 4 wheels in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, alot of fun to drive
genthumbs.jpg

11726096.jpg

and my silvia hot she sits right now with some primer on here
img1547bp.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Josh.

Sister's ex has 3 S13's sitting in his parents shed. All pretty much bargains.

2 started out with factory SR20's. The 3rd was a CA18DET but he pulled that and SR'd it.

They get up and go.

Guy lives around the corner from me has a R33 GTR. N1 block, crank etc. He reckon's its good for 600hp, however he got defected and is now turning it into a targa car.

Beautiful car it is.

Did you think about dropping a RB25DET into it ? The best thing about the CA18's is there basically a 4 cylinder RB motor. So radiator hoses and fuel lines line up etc.

I was planning on doing a rb26 in it but the cost of that just outweighed the end result.

I did miss out on a whole 2jz setup that was making 500hp and was setup for an s13 by a matter of minutes when i first swapped motors. I cried a lot. Would have been a hell of a lot of fun.

After I put the sr in I did some research and discovered the ca is named the baby 26 because it is a strong little motor. But it's all done now so just need to get her going and have some fun.

Will keep updated on both cars, on the s13 i have doors, front and rear bars left to primer then i can start reassembly. Fuel system and some plumbing work left in the engine and than the interior.

How much power will you be chasing ?

Was your R32 in a few mags over the years ?

I remember seeing it somewhere.

not a hell of alot with the s13, I would be stoked with 300, its all stripped out with two bride bucket seats, so shouldn't be too shabby.

The 32 didn't appear in any features, was in the build up and readers rides. That's about it. Still have those plates too, so if you know anyone with a GTR, they are up for sale.

I am in NSW, plates wont well down here.

What are you using ? T28 is usually the go or the GT2860RS.

Latest posts

Back