So I got suckered into the extras package!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diver Dan

Reaction score
Just saying hi for the first time.

I am a first time Nissan owner long time Toyota driver. Not a big fan of the current Hilux so thought I would try a D22 instead. As it is the first NEW car I have ever purchased for myself it is a bit of a momentous occasion.

So I have Nissan putting on their front steel bar, their tow ball, snorkle, slimline weather shields, rubber mats, baby seat mounting points and handle to get in the drivers side with. This was all in the price of the car (end of financial year is good).

I have a smooth finish canopy and tray liner going in from flexiglass as well, had to pay extra for these. The canopy is a custom build as well because of my working dogs that spend a fair bit of time in there.

But as the title suggests I did get suckered into the Paint Protection, Sound deadening, dash and seat protection and tinting on the windows. It was discounted but who ever pays full price for that stuff anyway, and I am sure it is 100% profit for them.... I feel like such a sucker! Oh well at least it will be shiny when I pick it up.... in a week.

In regard to experience I have done the cape trip including running down the telegraph track overnight, which was interesting. I have also done some of the Victorian Highlands and a few desert trips.

Look forward to being schooled on the finer points of owning Nissan.

Cheers

Dan

Last edited:
welcome to the forum
plenty of good info
use the search function as it will awnser most of your questions
you are close with the 100% profit on the protection pack
a protectoin package costs the dealer $149 on average as they buy them in bulk under contract (insider info)
you pay anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a shine and polish
fabric/paint protection is a load of shit (you can purchase same/similar products off the shelf for about $100)
window tint is done by the same companies for 1/2 the price if you purchase it yourself
youve just bought a new car and youre on a high
you think to yourself, i spent all this money whats another few bucks to protect my investment and these guys are really helpfull they will have it all done b4 i pick my new ride up
if you can back out of protection pack i suggest you do
i agreed to it initially
then rang and said cancell protection pack
they said sorry we cant
i said thats ok ile go somewhere else
they changed there mind
enjoy your ride

Last edited:
Just as I thought!

Not sure about cancelling it thought, I am pretty time poor with work and a new kid so even if it is $400 bucks worth it is worth the extra not to have to organise it myself..... I think. I hate the feeling of being had!

Dan

Welcome to the cool side:redcool:

So what was the reason behind doing the Old Tele Track at night? Daytime not hard enough for you. Lol.

Wasn't a plan, just started going later than we thought and just kept going. I had the smallest car, short wheel based landcruiser, the others were all worked Nissan patrols who's owners were Tuff Truck builders and drivers so to them It was just a track. My ignorance was truly my bliss!

My rear springs collapsed while on the track after taking a river crossing at the wrong spot. It left its high water mark in the middle of the windscreen (much to the amusement of the near by campers).

Dropped them out in the Weipa caravan park and found a local wrecker who did a top notch job of packing in a few support springs that lasted till the end of Moutain Goats life.

So not something that I would recommend but I'd someone offered me the chance to do it again, I probably would.

Cheers

Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back