G'Day from Tasmania

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyB

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy Nav guru's,

I've just bought my first Nav & I'm pretty stoked.
It's a 2008 D40 ST-X 4x4 YD25 with low km's and some good accessories. Very well maintained by original owner.
I've ordered a catch can, EGR "service kit" & 'cooler piping etc.... and will slowly improve or fix a few things as I go along.
First priority will be a timing chain inspection and soot/carbon cleaning.
Hoping to use the truck to explore Tassie more, & do more camping trips with my kids. My wife's CR-V was going to get a lift kit & lockers if I couldn't scratch the 4x4 truck itch!!

My old man is now on Navara number four I think. Over the last 15 years he has owned....
- A circa-2008 D40 YD25 4x4 extra cab c/s
- A brand new D40 V9X ST d/c c/s (written off in a fender bender)
- A 2010 D40 V9X ST d/c c/s with a re-tune & a few other mods (now sitting in the paddock with a suspected broken crankshaft)
- A very neat 2014 D40 YD25 ST 4x4 d/c with all the usual accessories (current daily driver)

I've been modifying, servicing, fiddling, upgrading cars since I was a teenager (and I'm mid fourties now). I think I've upgraded or modded every car I've ever owned.
Once upon a time I was very active with my modified Datsun 1600/510.

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from these forums....and hopefully add back something useful for other members too.

Welcome to the forum.

We've spent way too little time in Tasmania. We were going to go back there for a couple of months in 2020 but someone was having their way with bats in Wuhan and you know the rest of the story there.

It's still high on our agenda, just waiting for this batpox to settle down.

Hey @BarneyB
Welcome Mate!
i nearly had my family camping on your island the christmas before the world went crazy.. a couple things came up right before and we decided it would be best to hold onto our time and money..
still very keen to try it out!
sure find some knowledge here

Latest posts

Back