Simex

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilmah

Reaction score
Anyone running them on a D22? Nothing came up when I searched for them, only result was a guy running them on a D21. Must say they look sick on any 4WD

I had them on that D21 for about 2 weeks. Shit house on road in the wet. I mean really bad in the wet. Then the noise, well lets just say you better spend the same amount of money on a stereo and maybe, just maybe you will hear your favourite tunes at 100 KMH. Then there is just one other issue, they are almost impossible to balance and you WILL have a constant vibration when on road, and if you do too many kms on road it will be detrimental to your D22's structural integrity.

Having said all that, if your gunna play in the mud I have not seen anything better....

Im running the Silverstone MT Sport wich is a simmex replica. Not bad. Bit of road noise but you can still hear the stereo or the person next to you talking. There a bit cheaper to. Seem good in dry and wet on road and off road unbelievable.

i thought it was the silverstone extreme's that were a simex copy.

the silverstone sports look more vaguely similar to maxxis mudzillas or mt claws.

They look more like the simmex i think. Just a little less aggressive .

Attachments

• Simex-centipedes[1].jpg
    Simex-centipedes[1].jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Silverstone-MT117-Sport[1].jpg
    Silverstone-MT117-Sport[1].jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 79
Aimed are fantastic in the mud. If anyone is gunna run them full time they have to expect noise. They are excellent at what they are designed for

Yea they are directional. But when running muddies you should get a wheel alignment every 10 000 km i think if you want to get the most out of them so then you would rotate them every 5000 km front to back. Just how i do things.

Yea they are directional. But when running muddies you should get a wheel alignment every 10 000 km i think if you want to get the most out of them so then you would rotate them every 5000 km front to back. Just how i do things.

Yeah u should rotate any tyre every 5000ks and u should be able to switch from side to side to help limit the out or inside feathering that happens (if u are the sort of person who corners hard). Not sure u need to get a wheel alignment every 10ks.... if u rotate and keep the correct pressure in your tyres then u should be right to extend that out a bit....

i ran an exact copy of the simex's, absolutely brilliant in the mud, however so noisy u'd be deaf by the time you get home. the D22 just dont have the sound insulation in them to be able to cope with the horrendous drone/buss coming off the tires. altho the sound does improve over 100km/hr

Latest posts

Back