Show me your brush bar set up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAD

Reaction score
Hi all , after a trip to Maytown and then onto Laura a couple of weekends ago . Got through to Laura but did a bit damage, little dent in sump , busted the side steps and a few dents and scratches . Well Bash plates are a necessity for the next trip and brush bars a must . Problem is how are the brush bars mounted to the chassis , I had a set on my old Triton and they were brackets that sort of hung a bit low and with how this Navara is like low as a fourby even 2" higher than stock they are low . I've heard of mounts weld to the chassis is this a good idea to weld to the chassis . So I would like to see some picks of your brush bars and in particular how they mount for some ideas .

Greg

Had hoped to have them come all the way from bull bar to tray mounting point, incorporating steps and sliders in one . Just would like to see how some have mounted the braces back to the chassis from the bar and does it impede the bash plates and how they mount . Just to help me decide how or which is better .ARB couldn't show me how they mounted theirs but I like their bash plates . A photo I can see rather than trying to visualize from a description.

Just ordered a set from TJM . Had previously rung them and they said not for a King cab , but after the other company changed their quote up 250 bucks to 1650 fitted , I went back to ARB who said they don't do them for king cabs , dual cab and single cab they will do but not a king cab . So down the road to TJM and one fellow said no , but another fellow said they did checked their computer and found the first bloke was looking at an old listing somehow . So booked in with deposit paid . Now to wait for the 8th Dec .
Greg

Well I am glad I rang up TJM to confirm my side bars and steps ." We haven't got them in yet Let me check where they are " . A few minutes go by and " I am sorry their not here and we don't make them to fit a extra cab , so sorry ." . So I went in to express my displeasure of being stuffed around having organized the time to have them fitted and left a deposit and no follow up so I would have turned up 7am and been told that , you probably would have heard the venting from Perth . Look you can sugar coat it as much as you want it was bad service and lack of consideration .
So after doing some ringing and talking to fabricators I got on to J N J Customs who did a great job and got it done asap .
Thanks Josh .
Greg

Attachments

• 2014-12-21 08.40.21s.jpg
    2014-12-21 08.40.21s.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 2014-12-21 08.39.38s.jpg
    2014-12-21 08.39.38s.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2014-12-21 08.39.49s.jpg
    2014-12-21 08.39.49s.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 135