Scangauge vs ultragauge vs dedicated boost gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliott

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 D40 ST, At the moment it is stock apart from a EGR block off and a catch can. In the future i plan on doing some further mods.

I was looking at installing a boost gauge, but i also came across Scangauge 2 and Ultragauge.

I have done a search on the forum and not found a lot on them.
Has any one else tried these gauges and if so how accurate/fast are they compared to dedicated gauges?

G'day
I've just put a scangauge2 into my STX550 (at the start of November).
I don't know how it compares to the Ultragauge, I can display 4 inputs at the same time. No auto transmission data unfortunately. The ECU speed is out about 1% but can be set to display a compensated speed, this would be handy if you change tyre size. The spedo is out about 6%.
I have the input rate set to medium and that seems to be fine.

I have an Ultragauge and it does everything that I require of it. Pretty good value for the price and about the size of a credit card.

Not sure how it compares to a Scangauge although I know on some vehicles such as Pajeros, the Scangauge with the later software can provide auto trans temperatures whereas the Ultragauge cannot.

The fuel consumption figures provided by the Ultragauge are hopelessly inaccurate when towing a heavy load but otherwise o.k.

Upon installation, the gauge needs to be calibrated to your vehicle (which is quite easy), so that all figures relating to distance, speed and consumption will be accurate.

Not sure how accurate the boost, torque etc figures are, as I mostly use mine to monitor fuel consumption and engine coolant temp.

The readings provided are virtually instantaneous.

Back