Rust top windscreen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuls35

Reaction score
hi 1.5 yr old navara is getting eatin out above the wind screen with rust and is getting very bad . nissan reply thats just wear on your behave . has any body had this problem and have nissan had a look at your car with any luck ... help

I think if you do a search here for something like rust (or something more descriptive) you'll find there are some people who have suffered this and got it fixed under warranty. If it's not this forum it's the US one that I've seen rust above the windscreen issues. Either way I'm fairly sure you'll find the general consensus is that it's a warranty fix

the paint peeled on the roof of mine above the windscreen and along the wheather chanel. The roof got repainted under warranty and the dealer told it was the 5 car they had seen with that problem that could be related to your problem

Hi, my STX 2008 has deep rust spots along the leading edge of the roof just above the windscreen (approx 5 spots).
My brother and another friend who both have navaras have had theirs fixed under warranty.
I only noticed my rust when I was told about their problems.
It reminds me of the sort of rust issues we had when I was a kid in the 70's with the old Datsun 120Y

Welcome to the forums igrobert.

This hasn't come up for a while but I guess it's one of those issues that will rear it's head from time to time. Thankfully mine hasn't suffered such issues and despite all the complaints I've heard about Nissan's inability to paint a car I'm quite happy with the job they did on mine.

I've got a few stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet which which I might hide with a bonnet protector one day but otherwise I've got no other issues. Even the insides of my tub aren't scratched that badly and I've carted all sorts of crap in the back of it rarely taking into account what damage the load may or may not do to the paintwork.

hey, i have a 06 navara and had a look and my paint on my weather channel is pretty much non existint

Mine is the same
IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

The passengers side is pretty much peeled all the colour and is now rusting
Will all be repainted shortly

yeah i spoke to Highway Nissan they "apparently have never heard of it" and pretty much said out of warrenty too bad

My car is out of warranty and i've noticed this too, its a strip of rust that runs the length of the top of the windscreen, any one know how much i'd be looking at to get it fixed?

have just noticed mine,no rust as yet but paint is gone,2008 STX grey. 3 yr warrenty gone or is it 100000 kms
above wind screen and sides

Which ever comes first, however there was new laws brought in on Jan 1 which may or may not be worth following up and they relate to an item not being fit for sale but out of warranty and still being repaired as if under warranty. Given that such issues have been reported to Nissan you might not even have to take a just out of warranty issue that far they might just accept the problem and fix it. Try you're local dealer see what he says.

Manufacturers honestly expect you to just give up and go away. I got told that from Nissan.We bought commercial vehicles and shouldnt expect the same fit and finish as a passenger car. Nissans own words . WTF !
All I can say is we do have rights and stick to your guns.
the Office of Fair Trading does work but its a long slow process

It appears they aren't 22's Dave it seems to be a D40 feature from the last few years, pretty sure most of them have been around the 06/07 mark.

Latest posts

Back