Running an active Subwoofer off and amp?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
Question for all the audio/electrical guys out there.

I've recently put in some Polk splits in the front doors running off a Kenwood 4 channel amp and some Pioneer 6inch 2 ways in the back door running off the head unit. I have the amp behind the back seat with a y splitter going into the sub input of head unit ready to run a normal sub if i bridge the remaining two channels but space is pretty limited there.

I've been looking at these slim active/amplified subwoofers that are designed to sit under passenger seats or in small spaces and was curious if I can run them off the amp to save me running new cables?

I can't help you. However, BravoBrad has the most amazing set up in his Nav so perhaps PM him?

Assuming the powered sub has high level inputs, you "could" run them from the amp. You would probably need to have the gain controls turned down fairly low, and would receive no benefit of the amplifier (as the powered sub has its own amp). So technically, yes, you could. How well it would work is a different question, as you could end up with a bit of noise, but subs wouldn’t be as affected as high pass speakers.

Assuming the powered sub as low level (RCA) inputs you "could" install a t-piece on the end of the RCA leads you have run to the amp, and split the signal off to the powered sub.

Can you do it? Yes.
Would I do it myself? No.. but I’m a bit fussy about my muzark

Fzrr

I wouldnt do it. It depends on what the inputs are on the active sub you could run high level inputs but running through an amp would serve no purpose. if your heading to the dodgy mechanics day on sat ill run you through it an give you a gander at my setup, polk audio spilts and slim line sub behind the seat.

active subs need low level input most of the time (rca plugs)

Bryce

Latest posts

Back