Rev's Surging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshy

Reaction score
Anyone had an issue with the revs surging in the zd30? like it would if it was running out of fuel almost. seems to surge about 100-250 rpm, it will do it for a while then stop. doesnt do it as much on idle but if i hit the heat switch or driving along it does.

Yep, mine did it a while back, especially when reversing. Then after a bit it wouldn't start. Turned out to be a (very minor) split in a fuel line that was letting air in. May not be your issue - but it'll cost you bugger all to check!

N

joshy, not meaning to hijack, but WTF is the heat switch? I pressed it this morning when i first got in my car thinking it was the rear windscreen heater, the car revs went up and i shat myself and turned it off. Is it just to heat the engine quicker?

Brett

^ Its used for starting in really cold condition's.

Like the snow, its a idle up switch.

small update. Couldnt find an air leak. gave it some injector cleaner. Took it for another run, went fine for the first 2 hours, then it started surging pretty bad. Started it up again yesterday, turned the lift pump off and it was struggling to keep running. So ill change all the fuel filters and see what happens, otherwise its probably the pump..

How much is a second hand pump worth? I have a spare one from when my motor spat the balance shaft bearing,

Yeah, ive been saving, but to fix the patrol, its getting compression tested on monday at west end diesel - could need new rings/rebuild or its just the pump thats had it.

Not sure what the pump is worth, what would you want for it?....Ive always said i would drive the zd30 into the ground before i spent any decent money on it. Maybe ill get a new 4.2 for the patrol and put the one in it now into the nav

small update. Couldnt find an air leak. gave it some injector cleaner. Took it for another run, went fine for the first 2 hours, then it started surging pretty bad. Started it up again yesterday, turned the lift pump off and it was struggling to keep running. So ill change all the fuel filters and see what happens, otherwise its probably the pump..

did you bypass the lift pump? most will block the fuel line when they don't go.

did you bypass the lift pump? most will block the fuel line when they don't go.

Lift pump is working as it should, makes a noticeable difference(better) to the surging when its on.

What happened to the TD42 Josh ?

Not good at all.

Just getting more n more gutless. fuel economy is all over the place. I can be on the highway towing the nav, sitting on 100 comfortably, fuel guage will barely move after 50kms. Turn around n come home, struggle to do 90, can watch the fuel guage dropping as im driving, egts way up.

edit just bypassed the fuel filter and same problem so its not that. anyone know how i can test the injector pump?

Lift pump is working as it should, makes a noticeable difference(better) to the surging when its on.

but did you bypass it ? even when its on it can be causing a restriction. guys put one way valves in parallel with the lift pump so if pump l=plays up fuel can bypass it.

how did you check for air in the fuel? clear fuel line on the IP outlet ?

egr blocked ?

sorry for the late reply josh been busy. i was going to wack it on ebay soon for 600ish+ postage just have to get time to find out what postage will be roughly,

Latest posts

Back