Reverse Lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMik3

Reaction score
to the electrical gurus out there I have a question. Would I be able to tap a 12W led light off each reverse light or do I have to run a whole new harness? problem is I had window tinting done one Saturday but now am having issues seeing out the window at night. eventually am going to run a new harness and mount a led light bar to roll bar in the next fortnight to light up the tub and use as a reverse light but need a quick fix to get me out of trouble for now. any help would be much appreciated

Just tap straight in. I put one on the other day, just tapped into the driver's side reverse light and it gives a ridiculous amount of light out......

You could tap it in. It will only be 1amp of current draw. I would be only doing one each side as the standard wiring isn't that great. If you need a diagram for a full system I have put one in the D22 wiring section underWiring diagrams.
Cheers Brad.

Not sure on the colours but I removed the tail light and just traced them from the socket back a bit and spliced it in further up the loom on the car side of the tail light plug.

Made very little difference to the power draw on mine.

As you can see I have 6 extra lights wired in to the same harness.

Have not noticed any difference(nor have I changed the fuse rating)

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

image-141347730.jpg

Pic, is a bit old now as I have added a canopy, but the lights remain the same as pictured.

Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Yeah. There should only be two wires. Ground the light to the chassis and tap into the positive at the reverse light.

Latest posts

Back