resurfacing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris971

Reaction score
hi

what your opinion on a resurfacing head cylinder ?

i have an AMC head cylinder , it is possible to resurfacing it , or the must it's a new head cylinder ?

i don't need problem on the futur ..

thank you

normally with alloy cyclinder heads it is wise to have it re surfaced when a head gasket has blown. the machine shop will advise you .

yes , but normaly on the d40 is not authorized to resurface the head cylinder , because after resurfacing the head is fragil

and i need information of guys when resurface here head cylinder
people ave problem after surfacing or not ? that is the question ... lol

this will depend on how many Thou the head needed to be shaved [ re surfaced ] i can,t see why the head would become fragile with a light shave or even a heavier shave. why are you wanting this head to be re surfaced ?

my amc head cylinder have 1000km , but last day have overheat (radiator dead ), and i controlled my head cylinder and is "twisted "

i would say it will be ok to re surface your cylinder head as it can not be to twisted from an overheat. ask your machine shop to measure and tell you if it is good to machine surface grind.

I think you are mixing up the cylinder head with the crankshaft. The crankshaft in the YD25 have been known to fail/snap shortly after they have been reground because of possible thin case hardening.

There is no special surface on the cylinder head, so regrinding/resurfacing it is quite acceptable and has been done to quite a few in the UK. The only issue is the amount being trimmed off could cause the valves to be too long, making them stay open. It will be worth getting the valves and their seats reground at the same time.

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=109298

Latest posts

Back